80s kids sci fi film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80s kids sci fi film

does anyone know what this film is called its been bugging me for days, its from the early 80s i think and its about these 3 (maybe 4) kids and one of them invents this bubble/shield thing and can make it fly around with a radio control. They make a little spaceship out of junk and put this bubble around it and go on an adventure in space where they get captured by a massive alien ship, they make friends with the alien pilot and then his ship is captured by an even bigger ship (piloted by the aliens dad, the 1st alien is a teenager who nicked his dads ship for a joyride) i cant remember the rest but its well bizzare...or maybe its just my patchy memory

Do you know I kinda remember this. Although I'm afraid thats all I can offer, I'm pretty sure it was TV around Christmas on one of the terrestrial channels.

I'm going to ask my friend about this one.

Comment

OK, the movie is called Explorers and you're mostly right apart from there was no bubble. One kid dreams the plans of the space ship (I think) and then makes it from a washing machine, the rest was spot on.
      I'm gonna check it on IMDB

Comment

ooh i used to love that movie! I saw it about a year ago on t.v. It's pretty entertaining
        I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

"you're mostly right apart from there was no bubble."

Correction, there was a bubble. He used a computer that created a force field bubble that surrounds himself and the computer, he then alters the programs perameters to change the size of the force field.

-=AD=-

Comment

Yep kool film and River Phoenix was in it too.

Comment

I found it...It was called "Explorers". It had a young Ethan Hawke in it as well.
              I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Re: 80s kids sci fi film

They name their spaceship 'Thunder Road' after the Bruce Springsteen song.

The aliens are children - I think it turns out that the 'baddies' are actually the aliens' parents returning home. The aliens can only communicate in speech from Earth television - they've been watching transmissions since the dawn of TV.

Comment

Working...
                X