Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Earliest Memory Ever

What's your earliest ever memory?

For me it was being in hospital as a toddler after I fell downstairs and split my head open. I vividly recall being in a cot, playing with a toy horsebox and my dad walking away down the ward while I screamed and bawled my head off. I must have only been 2 yrs old.

Been in and out of hospital ever since, lol.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Re: You're Earliest Memory Ever

Probably the same as lots of other people - The Birth of a sibling.
    I remember sketchy moments of the arrival of my sister in 1964 just 3 months from my 3rd Birthday.
    My sister will be 45 next month! Ouch!!
    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I have a mish-mash of early memories aged around four I guess...playing with my soldiers in the hallway, pedalling my tinplate toy car, our dog running away (never to be seen again :cry
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

-puts Rossobantum on the couch-
        "So do you feel that dog has always been running away?"
        "What does it represent?"
        -crosses legs and puffs on pipe-

Comment

I can remember getting a green pedal car on my 3rd birthday in 1981.

I had this even after I was too big to pedal it & got a friend to push me along. Eventually the steering broke & it got chucked out.

Another memory was my Aunt & Uncle's wedding a few months later, my Mum wearing a bridesmaid outfit that consisted of a peach skirt, brown waistcoat & skull cap. The last one was especially odd as we're not jewish.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

And does the green pedal car represent your repressed anxiety about Hitler? Yes, I'm sure it does.
            -crosses legs and puffs on pipe-

Comment

What annoys me is that I was 4 when England won the World Cup and I can't remember a bloody thing about it!!
              I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

It's clear you have issues with satsumas. You need to come to terms with their fruity goodness and embrasse the vitamin C.
                -puffs on pipe-

Comment

I can vaguely remember laying in a pram having my sister who was 3 peering over the top of it at me. I'm on the couch Flash.....where's yer pipe?
                  "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chrisredditch View Post
                    What annoys me is that I was 4 when England won the World Cup and I can't remember a bloody thing about it!!
                    There's a few gaps like that in my memory. I can remember the Pope's visit in 1982, but don't recall the Falklands or the World Cup at all.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Mine is starting nursery school aged 3, and someone throwing sand in my eye on the first day.

I have a "memory" of beinng in the back of the old morris and seeing the big boys playing football. I would have been only 1 or 2 at the time, so don't know if I am imagining it.
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by chrisredditch View Post
                        I know how you feel. I was 1 when both my teams got to Wembley in the same year. Man City and Salford rugby. It'll never happen again.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                          I can vaguely remember laying in a pram having my sister who was 3 peering over the top of it at me. I'm on the couch Flash.....where's yer pipe?
                          -puffs on pipe-
                          You need to get over your pommiegrommet issues (which is a fruity blend of citrus and plastascine.)

Comment

Working...
                          X