Observer Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observer Books

These were great stocking fillers and usually a good read. I had a few as a kid, including this one..

By chrisredditch at 2009-08-26
    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Re: Observer Books

Lovely books. I certainly had 'Aircraft' and 'Insects'. I'd probably have wanted to collected them at the time, though I have a feeling they may have stretched my pocket money a bit.

Did you find the pic on line, chris? I've found a couple of sites but not with a full set of nice clear covers.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
      Lovely books. I certainly had 'Aircraft' and Did you find the pic on line, chris? I've found a couple of sites but not with a full set of nice clear covers.
      I googled Observer Book in the images section. To be honest I didnt search out any web-sites.

Comment

Think I've got nearly a complete run of the Aircraft set (in varying conditions) up in the loft. Think they started about 1955 and finished in the late 90's sometime. Sorry to see them discontinued, even if they had become rather superceded by better stuff.
        Still crazy after all these years.

Comment

My Dad's still got some of the sports stats book, along with with one on Astronomy.

For years I assumed they were published by the Sunday Paper of the same name.

My Dad & my Brother also have a lot of Playfair sports stats books, which I don't think are around any more.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
            My Dad & my Brother also have a lot of Playfair sports stats books, which I don't think are around any more.
            I get the Playfair Cricket Book every year

By chrisredditch at 2009-08-27

Comment

I had The Observer's Book of Bird's Eggs as my mates and I used to go bird nesting every year and collected eggs.

I know it was naughty, but we had some great fun. They didn't seem to make such a fuss about collecting eggs back then as they do these days.
              Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
                I had The Observer's Book of Bird's Eggs as my mates and I used to go bird nesting every year and collected eggs.

I know it was naughty, but we had some great fun. They didn't seem to make such a fuss about collecting eggs back then as they do these days.
                I still have that one Kiop (and the Observer book of Birds to go with it)...only 2 I ever owned
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I had and still have The Observers Books Of Wild Animals, Pets and Dogs.
                  Great little books.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                  X