X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarks Commandos

Does anyone rember the range of boys shoes from Clark's called COMMNADOS
    the had a small compass in the heal, and animal foot prints on the soles

Oh Yeah!!!! Clarks Commandos. Brilliant marketing there. Question: How to get boys wanting to wear black, lace-up shoes. Answer, call them Commandos. Yup, I was won over and relished getting measured up (in Clarks' foot measuring machine) for my Commandos which I was led to believe turned me into a real British Commando. Fell for that one, didn't I?

...James

Comment

These were kool, all my friends had apair except me, i seemed.

Comment

Yep pestered my parents for yonks to get a pair... didn'y last too long if i remember and lost the compas pretty soon after purchase.

Ah the old Clarks measuring machine at my local CO-OP its a wonder our toes didn't fall off ( or turn into the Hulk) after being yapped by Gamma radiation
        The eyes have it!
        sigpic

Comment

Looked good, but rubbish thats sad, but guess you hsd to have some cuz everyone else did right? Like the Hulk gag.

Comment

Hi lads...

I had about three pairs of Clarks Commandos, funnily enough being right into War..I also remember the wee yellow Backed pin badge with the big Black 'C' on it you got with them...cool...

All the best...

Rab ;0)

Fife
            Scotland

Comment

Re: Clarks Commandos

I had a pair of those ,god that must have been about 1970! I also had a pair of shoes with tyre tread on the soles. I think they were something to do with scalextric, grand prix I think they were called, either that or i took too many drugs when I was 18 and made it up!

Comment

I had a pair of Tuff path finders for school they had a compass inside the heel and animal tracks on the sole they were well cool

Comment

Originally posted by stu View Post
                  Does anyone rember the range of boys shoes from Clark's called COMMNADOS
                  the had a small compass in the heal, and animal foot prints on the soles
                  FWIW, those weren't Commandos -- those were Wayfinders, which came with a "Be a Tracker in Wayfinders" badge

Commandos had no particularly special features, but also came with a "C" badge, in a variety of colours...
                  Attached Files

Comment

ad from The Hotspur 21 Aug 1971:

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I thought that Commandos had the compass in the heel. I don't remember Wayfinders'- I thought they were called Pathfinders and had something on the sole?

Comment

Interestingly Easy Tilbury was the site of the Bata shoe factory, which was surrounded by a "model village" of houses for workers, which still is nicknamed "Bataville".
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I had a pair of Tuf shoes in the early 80's. Prefered Clarkes though.
                          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I love those voodoo mask treads. Very cool!
                            sigpic
                            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I saw the adverts for them and really wanted one.like most kids believing the hype,i thought if i had a pair,i would immediately become a super fit tough kid. lol I never got a pair,as they were too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X