School lunch boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School lunch boxes

Do you still have a school lunch box that you or maybe your kids ECT use to take to school? i still have a Brook Bond Tea lunch box with pictures of the PG Chimps on the front of the box, it is now used for storing photos.

What other picture Lunch Boxes do you remember. Transformers, Smurfs, are just two more i can remember.

Re: School lunch boxes

I had a plain tupaware box

I wanted one like Fred Flinstone
    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I had a He-Man one and it came with its own matching flask for soup or hot drinks! I thought It was great!
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

It looked like this although this is not mine! Wish it was!
        Attached Files
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember Bluebird had a large range of them in the 1980s.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I think I went through quite a few different ones as they got dropped and cracked quite often! Only one I remember is my yellow one with the Pink Panther on the front. I had 'roughneck' flask too. Think that had snoopy on it.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

We just had a simple paper bag (from't middle o t'road) ...

Comment

Originally posted by zip55 View Post
                We just had a simple paper bag (from't middle o t'road) ...
                Lol !

I remember my tupperware box which was still around years after I left school. But I don't recall any of my friends having boxes with pictures on. I work in a primary school now and you can't move for Ben 10, Pokemon, Spiderman, Doctor Who and the rest - from one end of the cloakroom to the other.

Comment

I always had a bluebird lunchbox with the matching flask that fitted inside. My whole class had them. I can remember two or three my little pony ones and a slyvanian families. I think my friend may of had popples. The pictures used to start scratching off the front.

Comment

Packed lunch fads

Often a fad would begin at the packed lunch table and then everyone would come in each day and perform the ritual. I remember one or two...

Eating your yoghurt with one of those little transparent medicine spoons.
                    Crumbling a biscuit into your yoghurt (this was the 80s - long before the fancy things of today so it was revolutionary).
                    Eating your dairylea triangle by squirting the cheese out of the point.
                    Carefully placing each segment of a satsuma between your lips and squirting the person opposite before eating.
                    Cutting the caramel off your twix and eating it and the shortcake separately, or cutting the whole twix into tiny little segments and taking forever to eat it.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

We had a raw jelly cube craze at my school, yum! Yet I've never had good nails

Comment

These days they get inspected for 'unhealthy' contents that have ALWAYS been part of a kid's school lunch.
                        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=vanhelsing;142322]These days they get inspected for 'unhealthy' contents that have ALWAYS been part of a kid's school lunch.[/QUOT

you are kidding me mate.
                          that cannot be true.

its no ones buisiness but the kid and the parents.
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a Mr Man lunchbox with the matchig drinks flask that went inside for a good while until the transfers all came off the front. It was then replaced by a ble and orange Fraggle Rock one which I was never fond of - Fraggle Rock was never one of my favourites. I remember wanting a He-Man one instesd. Not very girly but I loved He-Man.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
                              These days they get inspected for 'unhealthy' contents that have ALWAYS been part of a kid's school lunch.[/QUOT

you are kidding me mate.
                              that cannot be true.

its no ones buisiness but the kid and the parents.
                              Kids are encouraged to have healthy lunch boxes and rewarded with stickers from the lunchtime supervisors (dinner ladies) where I work. You wouldn't believe what some kids are given as lunch - two packets of crisps, a chocolate bar and a fizzy drink???

Also, kids who usually bring a decent (ie nutritionally balanced) packed lunch to school seem to bring loads of sweets, chocolate, crisps etc in addition if they are going on a school trip. Not sure about the logic there as if they eat it they invariably throw up on the coach on the way back to school.
                              "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Working...
                              X