A Sequal to Love Story???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sequal to Love Story???

I've tried searching the internet for a 'Love Story 2' but all i'm getting is Anime rubbish (Sorry... I cant stand the stuff) and some arty film about double projected colours or something.

I have very clear memories of there being a sequal. It had 'I was made for Lovin' you' by Kiss on the soundtrack and I remember the boy hatching a plan were the girl would fall in love with him (Or he was trying to prove his worth to her father) if he set fire to her house and rescued her... yeah... I know.... lol The house burnt down and, against all the odds or any sense of realism, the girl was actually touched by it!!!!! I think one of them dies eventually, in true Love Story form, or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part?

Please somebody help me with this because I am convinced it is real! I'm thinking there has been a cover-up as the film was so atrocious that I doubt anyone would want to admit to making it.

Re: A Sequal to Love Story???

Endless Love
    Endless Love (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082329/soundtrack
    Heather

Comment

The sequel to Love Story was Olivers Story

Oliver's Story (1978)

Hope that helps
      I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Thanks Huggie! Sorry for the late response... internet problems as usual grrr.

I was convinced it was a sequel to Love Story but obviously it wasnt. lol Definately the one I was talking about though.

Comment

Originally posted by AFBulimia View Post
          Thanks Huggie! Sorry for the late response... internet problems as usual grrr.

I was convinced it was a sequel to Love Story but obviously it wasnt. lol Definately the one I was talking about though.
          Glad I could help

Comment

I could tell by reading your post it wasn't Olivers Story that was my first find too, but your description of the film didn't fit, so I looked a little futher.

Glad to have helped
            Heather

Comment

But Olivers Story was the sequel to Love Story...or am I missing something here??
              The original description misled me I suppose

Comment

Originally posted by chrisredditch View Post
                But Olivers Story was the sequel to Love Story...or am I missing something here??
                Oh no, you are quite correct it most certainly was just didn't fit the film description given.
                Heather

Comment

Thanks Chris too!

I read that Oliver's Story got a bit of a critical panning. Not surprising really as it seems a rather strange concept for a sequel. Call me cynical but I would have figured it would consist of Oliver moping around for a while, carrying her photo around a bit, slowly getting over it and meeting someone else. lol Not the most romantic of ideas but life nonetheless.

I think, if my memory serves me right, the confusion arose from something an HTV voiceover said. Perhaps she was saying 'Next week ...blah blah blah... the sequel to Love Story' and then this came on? I dunno.

Comment

It's easy to get confused, but the official sequel to "Love Story" is "Zombie Flesh Eaters 2".

Comment

Working...
                    X