Were they bigger then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were they bigger then?

Cadbury's Cream Eggs - I remember them being the same size as a hen's egg instead of the puny bite they are now.

It's not cos I was a kid with smaller hands cos I recall buying three to eat on a bus when I was like was 18/19 years old and they were a good size and too much to scoff

Anyone else noticed this shrinkage or is it just me?

Re: Where they bigger then?

I bought a Twix the other day and I remarked to the girl on the counter if they had shrunk. She thought they had as well - the fingers seem much thinner than they once were. Mars bars look smaller as well.

And is it just me, or do we not seem to get as many crisps in a packet as we used to back in the day?
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Re: Where they bigger then?

Penguin bars are much smaller nowadays...then again MOST chocolate bars seem to be
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Re: Were they bigger then?

Size is mentioned on this Wiki page ref Wagon Wheels

Wagon Wheels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
        I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I didn't realise there would be items out there about the sizes - I just read one now in Wiki that says UK cream eggs have stayed at 40g since they first came out in 1971.

My response is they must be using a lot heavier filling or chocolate nowadays now cos they're deffo smaller!

Comment

Couldn,t agree with you more cadbury cream eggs were a lot bigger,most choc bars have shrunk as you all have mentioned,mars,wispa,

oh by the way I spotted a caramac bar in a local shop today,it caught my eye,haven,t seen them for a long time

Comment

I'm sure creme eggs were bigger because as a child I used to eat them with a tea spoon and it took ages, I think you would only get one spoonful now?
              Wagon wheels must of shrunk the most

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                oh by the way I spotted a caramac bar in a local shop today,it caught my eye,haven,t seen them for a long time
                Was it still 5 pence? "I've got 5 pence, cor, wish I'd got 5 pence - it's enough to buy a Caramac bar" as the old advert went.

I absolutely hate these things - the most vomit-inducing chocolate bar ever invented imo. I remember my mam buying me one in town when I was a little kid; I ate it then went in the corner and threw my guts up.

Evil, foul, chocolate bar from hell!

LOL
                Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I'm sure Flakes used to be about 10" long and a lot thicker.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
                    Was it still 5 pence? "I've got 5 pence, cor, wish I'd got 5 pence - it's enough to buy a Caramac bar" as the old advert went.

I absolutely hate these things - the most vomit-inducing chocolate bar ever invented imo. I remember my mam buying me one in town when I was a little kid; I ate it then went in the corner and threw my guts up.

Evil, foul, chocolate bar from hell!

LOL
                    I get the impression you don't like them much, Kiop.
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I bought a Milky Way yesterday.. it was no bigger than a fun-size

Comment

I hope they don't start shrinking Topic Bars.They were minute anyway.

Comment

Great thread, I agree that far too many things are getting smaller these days. I certainly don't buy into the whole 'smaller, child-hands' theory. The best ones I can think of have already been mentioned, Wagon Wheels and Creme Eggs. Agree with the thing about crisps, they seem to be a bit stingy with how many crisps actually go into a bag now, unless you buy one of those bigger 'grab bags'.

Monster Munch was another one although I could have sworn they turned them back to the original size for a brief period awhile back, I think it was when they re-released the old-school packaging with the old monster characters on the packs.

Comment

I totally agree, filling must be made with lead now. I have an egg cup that I've had since I was about 5 years old and I ALWAYS used to put my cream eggs in it. My brother & I had this thing where you had to eat the cream egg without using your hands so we both used to eat them from our egg cups. Todays cream eggs just rattle around in the bottom of my yellow easter chick egg cup!!!!

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                            I didn't realise there would be items out there about the sizes - I just read one now in Wiki that says UK cream eggs have stayed at 40g since they first came out in 1971.

My response is they must be using a lot heavier filling or chocolate nowadays now cos they're deffo smaller!

Comment

curly wurleys
                              im sure they were about a foot long when i was a kid they seem to be less then half the size now

Comment

Working...
                              X