This horrible stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This horrible stuff

When I was a kid , and even into secondary school, every time you got a bit of a rash you got this stuff slapped all over you by parents - it was called (I think ) Gentian Violet - apparently it turned out eventually tlo be carcinogenic so nowadays they just stick it on sheeps and things.

The other weird stuff , as recommended by your Granny, was this smelly thick grease called Blue Unction and that would be slapped onto your armpit or wherever and you'd spend a week trying to wash it off again (and still get told off cos it stained your sheets)

Also there was some other stuff like crystals that were sprinkled into the bath and when you got out you looked like a Jap - dunno what this one was or intended for - it wasn't just me cos all mates had to endure these mysterious processes as well

Anyone know what it was and also why all the parents were trying to contaminate my generation with these home medical treatments ?

Re: This horrible stuff

And I though being made to gargle TCP was bad! At least now I can drink Root Beer without wincing.

When I had chicken pox my Mum added something to my bath water to stop the itching, don't know what it was but it seemed to work without any side effects.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
    X