What is the name of this movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the name of this movie?

I'm looking to identify a movie I saw in the mid-80s on TV... It was about a rock star who was in danger of some sort. I don't remember his name but he wore Kiss-type make-up with white face paint, deep red lipstick and long wild hair. The movie opened with a scene of him performing with his band, the backing members also wore similar make-up. A later scene had him lying on an inflatable bed floating on a swimming pool in front of a crowd, IIRC something hit him and knocked him into the water, and a woman dived into the pool to rescue him, there were scenes shot underwater of her saving him and bringing him back up. Then there was a later scene with some men finding a scary recorded message on a tape recorder with a deep voice saying "(someone- can't remember the name but presumably the rock star) WILL DIE!" I was enjoying the movie but don't think I got to see it through to the end- anyone know what movie this is?

Re: What is the name of this movie?

It may have been one of the kiss films.....
    http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmw1LbetPEQ
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Good suggestion (I hadn't realized Kiss had actually made a movie!), unfortunately it's not the same film... I've watched most of "Kiss Meets Phantom Of The Park" on YouTube and it's definitely not that movie... the look of the make-up is definitely very similar but the specific scenes I remember aren't there, also I seem to remember this movie being serious rather than comedy/sci-fi... any other ideas??

Comment

Phantom of the Paradise?

Comment

Originally posted by Sixtyten View Post
          Phantom of the Paradise?
          I just checked that movie out online and it's not that one... this movie seemed to be more 'realistic' rather than fantasy/horror/sci-fi, it was on terrestrial TV in the afternoon so wasn't too 'scary' for daytime TV. Most likely from that era though, 70s glam rock times... Keep the suggestions coming!

Comment

Working...
          X