Garbage Pail Kids - trading cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garbage Pail Kids - trading cards

I remember in my Junior High school days, we used to collect and trade "Garbage Pail Kids" trading cards.

They came out right after Cabbage Patch Kids came out (another 80's favorite), and they were supposed to be a parody, making fun of that craze.

They ended up being a little mini craze of their own. Instead of cutesy names like Cabbage Patch Kids had, they had gross names like Rancid Robert, and things like that.

I think they even tried to remake and re-release the cards a few years ago.

One of my friends recently found them again. They still be making them. I think he said he found them about 6 months ago.

http://www.techsupportforum.com
    http://www.techsupportforum.com

Comment

Yeah, they were funny.. but a little sickening

Comment

Check out http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory/garbage-pail-kids
        Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
        http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Comment

I think i had some of those cards....hope i still have them. Probably up in the loft if i have.
          Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

i use to walk to the 7-11 across the street where I lived to grab some Garbage Pail Kids...My mother hated them when I was young, but she gave me money to buy them!! I remember trading my Twinkie on the playground for my first one ...Sy Clops...man I wish i still had it
            I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

check out www.garbagepailkidsworld.com
              No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

they made a movie of it didnt they ? they all had big heads or something....
                Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

yep.....it was along the same lines as the teenage mutant ninja turles character..
                  it didn't make it big or anything, but those tapes and some of the cards go for a lot of bucks on ebay.
                  I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Re: Garbage Pail Kids - trading cards

Here are all of the display boxes from the 1980s Garbage Pail Kids and 1990s Garbage Gang trading cards sets:

Comment

Originally posted by UKRob View Post
                      Here are all of the display boxes from the 1980s Garbage Pail Kids and 1990s Garbage Gang trading cards sets:

Adam Bomb was the bloke on the front of the pack. they made me laugh a lot even though they mocked the CPD's....when i got my cabbage patch doll i really thought she was real LOL
                      "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

They're awsome. I used to have them stuck all over my bedroom cupboard.

I've been thinking of buying all of series one and two on ebay, but they are quite expensive though.
                        My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

I used to collect them up in a note book, but my Mum banned me from buying them after I got some of the gum on the carpet (& not for the designs).

There were really big at my school during the summer term of 1986.

I've still got loads of the backs with the certificates for.

That summer me & a cousin awared them to friends & family & made a home radio show ceremony. I've still got it on tape & is now very disturbing listening!
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

collected the stickers, ironically didnt chew gum. I loved the Cabbage Patch kids, I was one of those guliable morons who thought they were real! LOL Even sent the adoption papers back and got it a birth certificate
                            But I couldnt resist the p take on it, even though they were pretty gross. I thought Adam Bomb was hilarious.
                            Was a big collector of Care Bear and My Little pOny stickers too
                            "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

I used to live & breathe Garbage Pail Kids as a boy! Everything I owned was plastered in them. Cupboards, bed, lunch box, doors, my little brother...etc. Here's a few of the favourites from my collection below all signed by the artist himself John Pound. John's a real top bloke & he knocked up a commission of me in Garbage Pail Kid form last year so check that out too. It's jaw dropping!

Comment

Working...
                              X