Remember the wonderful Dave Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember the wonderful Dave Allen

Dave Allen now there`s a brilliant comedian if ever there was one. I`ve recently seen he was back on tv in some re-runs.it got me wondering if he was still alive as I`d like to have gone to see his gigs; so I researched it on google and was sad to find he died last year I think it was, 2 months before his only son was born-what a real shame.he was such a lovely guy.and only in his 60`s.

Dave Allen

Yeah Dave sadly passed away last year I think. I remember watching his 70's shows with my dad when I was about 5yrs old... (I never really understood it at that age though)...ah memories.

He did a series of stand-up for ITV in 1990 which was brilliant. There's a DVD of much of this material available..well worth a watch.

Comment

yeah definetely! that`s one dvd i shall add to my collection soon.I`ve also been looking on ebay and some of his older videos are often on there so I shall collect some of those too eventually.

Comment

Dave Allen

I think Dave had a unique take on stand up (or sit down in his case). His humour was based on observation comedy, taking "normal" situations and looking at the funny side of them. I guess others who do this well are Connolly and Carrott!

Comment

yeah they too are great,I remember Billy Connolly from way back in the 70`s with his banana boots!

Comment

Did Billy's popularity wane a bit after the "joke" about the late Ken Bigley or is he still going strong ? I think he's quite good, that apart.
            Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Yeah, that "joke" didn't go down too well to say the least. That aside, he's still going strong. I enjoyed his travel shows where he toured all over the UK and Australia.
              Never really understood the purple beard though! Oh yeah, could have been worse, could've been the banana boots!!!!

Comment

Re: Remember the wonderful Dave Allen

He always had a glass of whiskey whilst he was talking on TV
                sigpic
                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Re: Remember the wonderful Dave Allen

And smoking of course:-

Comment

Working...
                  X