Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Half white half pink iced biscuits? Any remember?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half white half pink iced biscuits? Any remember?

Hi there, hope someone can help me with identifying this biscuit because it's driving me a tad mad.

I'm a '90s child but I'm not sure if they are a particularly '90s biscuit. The biscuit I'm on about was a plain, circular biscuit with a "frilled" edge. In the centre there was a circle of plain, almost "roughly" textured icing half of which was white, whilst the other half was pink. Sadly I don't remember who made them or the packaging them came in because I believe I had them mostly at school.

Does anyone remember these biscuits? I've come across a few other people online wracking their brains over it. They definitely aren't Party Rings (they were, as I say, just a plain circular shape).

Thanks if anyone can help!

Re: Half white half pink iced biscuits? Any remember?

Not iced gems is it? They are tiny biscuits with icing on.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I remember these, but cant remember the name (thats twice today )
      I actually didn't like them much and tried to scrape the icing off with my teeth!

Vey much like a party ring with no hole but the icing didn't quite react the edges! And as you say the icing was more half and half rather than piped lines
      Heather

Comment

I know the ones you mean, but cannot remember the name

Comment

Glad to hear at least that some peoplee have heard of them. Most of my friends my age seem to think I've dreamt up a biscuit . They are, as someone said, similar a Party Ring with strips, not piped icing, that didn't quite reach the edge of the biscuit. The only other thing I know about them is, if given half a chance I could polish off a plateful without batting an eye, they were much more more-ish than Party Rings.

I'm not thinking of Iced Gems, they were full sized, rather thin biscuits, though I was also a fan of those.

Hope someone can remember the name/knows if they're still about because I'm in a terrible mood for some now. Strange how you can suddenly remember something like that.

Comment

I sure you used to get one in one of the selection packets, Like Jacob's Teatime, for example

Comment

Just talking to my brother and he thinks they were Crawfords Iced shorties?
              Heather

Comment

That's what i thought too, but can't find pictures..

like this, but with soft iced filling in the centre bit

Comment

oh maybe not what I'm thinking of then as the icing was almost brittle, almost like dried tooth paste!
                  Heather

Comment

Party Rings are the rock hard ones

Comment

LOL the ones I remember were exatly like party rings but no hole and half pink half white, no other colours, same shiny icing finish.
                      Heather

Comment

huggie74 I believe you may have hit the nail on the head! The icing was indeed very brittle and quite thinly spread too. From a quick search using Google it seems that may well be what I was thinking of (though sadly though no longer appear to be being made). Thanks and thanks to your brother for remembering!

Comment

Oh my gosh these look exactly the same as the ones I remember except half n half can anyone name them?

http://www.shutterstock.com/pic-6482...ackground.html
                          Heather

Comment

Working...
                          X