Poor script writers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor script writers

Anyone noticed how out of touch with reality some TV writers are?

We gt a plotline going on now in Eastenders with the return of Sam Mitchell - she got caught by police and is on remand but before that she was in the QV dancing cos she was drunk.

She collected a crowd of admirers and they were supposed to be entranced by her looks , this story carried on in the back room with young lads lech-ing after her and trying to steal her underwear.

Not one of them said what every British male was thinking while watching this - woof woof.
    I mean come on lads! Maybe Ms Westbrooke used to be eye candy but she's spent a good few years since those ays rotting away her nose on magic snuff and living a rough life style - no way is she now the babe they're trying to make her out to be

Re: Poor script writers

Poor Script Writers??
    Carla Lane! Sentimental, preachy, garbage with a huge chip on the shoulder.

Did you know that a lot of the Taxi-Drivers in Liverpool wouldn't give the cast of "Bread" a fare due to the negative way the people of Liverpool were portrayed by CL. It also suggested that most scousers were on the make and were work shy and lazy - Not something to be proud of!

Compare that with Alan Bleasdales Boys from Blackstuff where the majority of those involved were victims of circumstance and were desperate to get working! Even Yosser had his self-respect with the needs of his family at the fore of his mind.
    I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Way to go Chris - couldn't agree more

I've always had a downer on anything written by Carla Lane...

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...-comedies.html

Comment

Danny! We were seperated at birth
        I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

I kind of liked Bread when it was first on, but I was still fairly young & it had a fairly surreal side to it that got boring after too long. The last decent episode was when they went to Rome, but after that it was downhill all the way & a real effort to watch.

I had a similar situation with watching Ally MeBeal, but at it's peak it was well above Bread for sure.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I liked it at the time,esp. Joey,"Greetings". I still say that sometimes.He's a director now...
            Anyway, script writers just go around in circles. Too contrived.

Comment

When too many characters have catchphrases things can quickly get boring, though in The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin it was used to great effect to show how repetative his life was.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

A few weeks ago I caught EastEnders for the first time in a while and was pretty amused to see Max and Tanya getting very cosy together. Last time I watched it she'd knocked him cold and buried him alive. Completely unbelievable that anyone could ever forgive and forget that, whatever he may have done to provoke her.
                Still crazy after all these years.

Comment

Yes, they do sometimes overlook slight details

Comment

Working...
                  X