Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where Are They Now?

Calling all members.....

I'm running a little project to see how many of our beloved children's entertainers are as nice as we remember. I'd appreciate as much input (and help) as possible.

With the kind permission of our 'boss', Remember, I have been allowed to use this site as a base for collation of results.

The idea is to email the heroes of our childhood and ask them for a few words, and hopefully a picture or two, and let them know how much they are talked about on sites such as this.

I'd love some suggestions of who to contact and to know if there is any particular ettiquite involved in projects such as this.

I've drafted an email to send out (see below) but won't be sending it until I've managed to get some people to send it to (!) and the source through which to send it.

Thanks for reading this far - input below....

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear

I am currently researching TV presenters from the 1970's and 1980's as part of an online project.

The project is taking part on a website dedicated to nostalgia. There have been many queries as to what has happened to the 'heroes and heroines' of our childhood, after all, you were responsible for much of our entertainment back in the good old days!

Results of the project will be collated accordingly and, should you so wish, will be available for you to view in a special part of the website.

I am looking for photographs (signed or unsigned, retro or recent) and perhaps a few lines from yourself by email. If you require an SAE for a photo please let me know where to forward it.

I hope I haven't taken up too much of your time and that you can commit to this little project. If possible, I will contact you again with the results of the project once they have been collated.

I look forward to hearing from you in the near future,

Kind regards

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Great idea Tallulah, I'll have a think about this one
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

I'm going to shamelessley bump this before it drops into oblivion
      TURN THOSE FROWNS RIGHT SIDE ROUND!

Comment

Go for :
        the gang on Blue Peter / Magpie
        Jimmy Saville
        and, at a push, the humans on Sesame St. ( my brother was going to write Ireland's Eurovision entry & have Bob sing it ) !
        Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

Originally posted by Tallulah
          I'm going to shamelessley bump this before it drops into oblivion
          Well your thread gets a bump because I want my avatar back! Only kidding, just wish I could have made it less pixelated. I'd be interested let me know where you found it.

Comment

Working...
          X