Small plastic figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small plastic figures

Can anyone tell me the name of a toy I used to have. It came in a box about the size of a match box. Inside was a frame similar to the ones airfix models were on. You popped of all the bits and then put together a little man about the size of a lego man. I had a doctor and a carpenter, I think.

I had one myself, Tom but can't for the life remember what they were called. Welcome to the site btw.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

were they called kinder eggs? I found something by that name on ebay....they were little eggs that had parts in them...it came with little instructions on how to assemble them. (they were strictly a U.K) toy..they did not sell them in U.S
      I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

i don't think it's kinder eggs they are yummy chocolates mmmmmmmmm
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

i love kinder eggs!
          Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

Thanks for your interest.

They were a bit like the ones you got in Kinder eggs but were before then and were toys in the own right( god damn it!). They were about the size of lego men and had a head which fitted on a stalk, that went up through the body. Legs popped into the bottom of the stalk and little black feet onto the bottom of each leg on a ball and socket stylee. The had black hair which fitted on to the heads in a similar way to lego. Their faces had a grove for a mouth, holes for eyes and a little nose - I think the even had little ears !

As I said they came in a little box and you then popped them off the frame. I thought they may have been called action jacks but it turns out they were bigger, but their name may have been similar......

Ring any bells?

Comment

I think they were called 'Action Jack'

I had a few of them..you pulled the head out and the whole body fell to bits.

Thanks

Comment

I remember the name, but can't quite picture them....if anyone's got a picture, please post it.....wanna see it again for old times sake.

Cheers,

Rob

Comment

Action Jacks

I've got a load of original mint condition Action Jacks, still in the sealed plastic bags.

None of them are on a plastic frame, the parts are just loose in the bag.

Comment

"I've got a load of original mint condition Action Jacks, still in the sealed plastic bags."

Sounds like an item I was watching on Ebay last week?
                    If so, you've bought a great little collection.

But back to the OP's question.. I do remember having a little doctor figure (sudden flashback) like he describes. The head was actually like a little pink ball with a small hole going right through. The stalk was attached to the legs.. pushed through the body and head and the hair/hat actually kept it all together.The eyes were formed by pushing little plastic pins into premade holes in the face.

They were Kinder Egg toys (as confirmed by my Bruv!), but I cannot see anything similar on the internet.

Comment

Re: Small plastic figures

I had totally forgotten these till I read the thread..wow! that takes me back!!..Mine had a helicopter.

Last edited by sixtyten; 02-03-2007, 18:27.

Comment

Being as the OP never came back and confirmed these as Action Jacks, I'm going to add these 1970's Swapits to the thread, A: just incase anyone else comes looking.And B: I dont know where else to post them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	93ff_1_sbl.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	258610 Click image for larger version

Name:	a48e_1_sbl.jpg
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	258611

Click image for larger version

Name:	ac4b_1_sbl.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	258612 Click image for larger version

Name:	b419_1_sbl.jpg
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	258613
                        Heather

Comment

I loved Action Jacks. Though, as a war-obsessed lad of the 70s, I was always disappointed that they weren't more military oriented. I wanted machine-guns, not loud-speakers and flippers. Still loved them though.

...Jamo.

Comment

Ah Action Jacks!

The cheapo (maybe offshoot?) version of the Mobile Action Command series.

Matchbox Mobile Action Command I Plaidstallions.com

I remember seeing them in Newsagents and those cheapo shops that used to sell household and hairdressing stuff and also toys.

Comment

Loved Action Jacks.....35p they where, me Dad used to buy them for me.....

Got quite a few now....

Comment

Working...
                              X