David Essex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Essex

Was talking earlier ( lunch time at work ) about That'll be the day and Stardust starring everyones favourite Cockney Gypsy.

I find it hard to believe that the same supporting character was played in one film by tall Scouser Ringo Starr but in the second film was played by short cockney Adam Faith

Anyone know why this happened ?
    i.e. some kind of celeb fallout or production issue?

Wouldn't you think they could have dragged in another tall Scouser ( how old was Yosser in 1974? )

Re: David Essex

I dont know how tall you are? but Ringo Starr was only 5'6", thats the same height as me and I know thats not tall!
    sorry just thought i had to let you know

Comment

Odd!!!

I always thought he was a lot taller - am sure when I saw him standing by D Essex in the film he loomed over him - or is David Essex only about 4ft 10 inches?

Actually thinking back it was when they were both standing on the waltzer so he could have been on a higher bit

Comment

I often think a good role for David would be the Doctor in 'Doctor Who'. He could make a rather timid Time Lord; if pursued by an aggressive looking alien creature he could suddenly grab hold of his assistant shouting 'For goodness sake, hold me close, don't let me go'.
        "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

Originally posted by philipdalton View Post
          I often think a good role for David would be the Doctor in 'Doctor Who'. He could make a rather timid Time Lord; if pursued by an aggressive looking alien creature he could suddenly grab hold of his assistant shouting 'For goodness sake, hold me close, don't let me go'.
          all joking aside i think thats a blinding idea

Comment

Anyone remember the bbc tv series 'The River' starring David Essex ?.........I remember it vaguely http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-River-Co.../dp/B000ECXBEQ

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
              Anyone remember the bbc tv series 'The River' starring David Essex ?.........I remember it vaguely http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-River-Co.../dp/B000ECXBEQ
              I remember it, has was a lock keeper on the Thames.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X