the scruff in your class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the scruff in your class

I just mentioned a person like this in another post- every year at school had one.

I don't mean the bullied kid who came from a poverty background cos they couldn't help it...I mean the kid from a fairly well off family who had all the right labels etc but was a proper horror, he used to ..

Be smart first thing and attract dirt and filth so usually before dinnertime was sent out by Sir to get washed

Shirt tails hanging out

Big skid marks in gym changing rooms and laugh about it

Avoid showers after football/rugby cos just genuinely didn't feel like it

pick his nose and chew it while you were having achool dinner

light farts by bike sheds

Just generally be a minger- remember him?

Re: the scruff in your class

Originally posted by Danny View Post
    Big skid marks in gym changing rooms and laugh about it
    Good Lord, that's 'orrible
    We had one at our school too. A friend asked me a while back if I could remember his name. I asked who he meant, he said "you know scruffy bugger, always stank of P***, of course I knew who he meant straight away.

Comment

One at my school as well only it was a girl. She was so disgusting that one day she actually did a number '2' in one of the wash basins in the cloak room. I can still see it now (unfortunately).
      Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I knew a girl who was smelly..poor child. I've an early memory of a rumour going around the class that she had no knickers on. I was scandalised, kept dropping my rubber beside her so I'd have an excuse to crouch down and peer up to see if it was true. I was put standing beside her in a concert we were holding. I was so upset but as the days of practising went by I realised she was actually a nice person and I got used to the smell.
        Her whole family were known for being smelly, for talk's sake let's say her surname was Rowan...her family-nice people as they were, were known as 'the smelly Rowans'. Even now 30 odd years later, my son and niece were in her niece and nephews' classes at school. Both were the 'smelly children' of their classes. Personal hygiene issues must be passed on through generations.

Comment

We had a school scruff.No matter which school he went to,primary and secondary,he was referred to as scruff.He really did have black streaks all over his body through lack of washing,and he made the most futile bully in history.He was simply a bully to younger smaller children,but an absolute failure at it.No matter what he did,even at the age of 14,an infant would look him up and down,tell him what to do with himself,and punch him.The scruff would just shout abuse after them,and turn bright red.He was forever in trouble,and got put in the special section of the school immediately he went there,due to his blatant cheeky offensive abuse in to the faces of teachers.If any new children moved to the estate,the scruff would hunt them down and consistently threaten them with violence,telling them how he was the hardest in the area.It always ended up with the new child who had been forced to hang around with him,realizing the scruff was all mouth and trousers and a bullying cowardly wimp,punching him,and leaving him to friendlessly walk the village.
          There were two children like that in my village,and they really did act exactly the same,and funnily enough,looked pretty similar to each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
            One at my school as well only it was a girl. She was so disgusting that one day she actually did a number '2' in one of the wash basins in the cloak room. I can still see it now (unfortunately).

I guess she just couldn't wait any longer

Blimey!! It's still there in the wash basin after all these years ? j/k

Comment

Ever noticed that it was always the really scruffy kid who seemed terrified of a bar of soap that was the first to pick on somebody else and call them a scruff

Comment

i had a fella in m class who had a problem when it came to weashing.
                no one sat near him and the teacher sometime brought him to the shower to clean himself.

he also picked his nose and ate it and sometimes flick them at you.
                he would put his saliva in a syringe then shoot it at you.
                sometimes he would pick his rear end then put his hand till his mouth.

i can remember this so clearly like its yesterday.
                would call the teachers all the names of the day.
                even got a nice teacher crying.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Jimmy Armstrong (from a big family) & Pauline Ford (she actually spelt it Frod on her books) were the scruffs at our Infant school, and were both kept at arms length ........ of course it was their parents fault, but back then kids were cruel weren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by Lilacmoon View Post
                    Jimmy Armstrong (from a big family) & Pauline Ford (she actually spelt it Frod on her books) were the scruffs at our Infant school, and were both kept at arms length ........ of course it was their parents fault, but back then kids were cruel weren't they?
                    and did they stay scruffy lilacmoon throughout school over the yrs.

hopefully they turned out decent.

Comment

I remember otherwise decent kids who always seemed to have a big snot dribbling out their nose. They got labelled the scruffs. The smelly kids could be divided into two groups: those that smelled of pee and those that had a weird biscuity smell.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                        I remember otherwise decent kids who always seemed to have a big snot dribbling out their nose. They got labelled the scruffs. The smelly kids could be divided into two groups: those that smelled of pee and those that had a weird biscuity smell.
                        dont know which is worse mate.
                        had the odd one in classes of mine.

Comment

It's only in retrospect that I feel sorry for those kids. At the time I was oblivious to the fact that others might not have had the loving, stable upbringing that I did. I guess you only have your own experiences to go by at that young age and can't comprehend the problems that life can throw at people. Kids are cruel and I did my fair share of name calling which I regret now.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                            Kids are cruel and I did my fair share of name calling which I regret now.
                            I think ALL kids did name calling and were subject to name calling, it's all part of growing up. The words used may seem cruel looking back but I doubt any kid you called a name is still haunted by it these days, the old addage about sticks and stones springs to mind.
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                              I think ALL kids did name calling and were subject to name calling, it's all part of growing up. The words used may seem cruel looking back but I doubt any kid you called a name is still haunted by it these days, the old addage about sticks and stones springs to mind.
                              I ended up being bullied by practically the WHOLE year during my GCSE's....I was labelled 'FISH', as in stunk of...and no, I didn't. I was probably far cleaner than any of the other boys at school. Haunted me for years. I went through a phase of wearing designer scent as I got older and thats probably due to it. Not anymore though. Kids are extremely cruel. Many simply joined in for fear of being bullied as well....

However, there where two scruffs I remember, they really did stink, bad breath, b.o., lank, greasy hair and no signs of having had a wash the nigh before large suppurating pustules, one even had extremely large blackheads he refused to get rid of...One of them I still hate, he was one of my bullies. Always will.

Comment

Working...
                              X