Looking for 3 movie titles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 3 movie titles

I am looking for 3 movie titles. I have very little info.

1st one:

It's a Lone Ranger type movie. Saw it on TV, late 70's or ealy 80's. Some guy gets trained to be a gun slinger hero, by an older gun slinging hero.

2nd one:

Ever seen the handicapped superhero MANTIS? In the 70's there was a movie I saw on TV, a man made a robot type suit he could wear. he fought bad guys. I think he was handicapped like MANTIS.

3rd movie:
    Probably mid 70's on TV also. A man had his dreams come true. Everytime he went to sleep and woke up, his dreams would change the world.

Re: Looking for 3 movie titles

I will try to add more info, but am afraid the more info I add, the more false info I will give, as the memories are old.

The 1st movie he has a mask like the Lone Ranger. I remember the old hero training him how to shoot blind folded I believe. To shoot a can in the air w/o seeing it.

I also think he had a signature gun or bullet like the Lone Ranger, whether it was a gun made of gold or something, not sure tho.

The 2nd movie, I am fairly certain the man was handicapped. And his suit looked more like a robot than a suit like in MANTIS. I remember him walking thru a wall by smashing a hole in it.

I think he had to lay down in a coffin like conrtraption and the robot suit would be fitted on him.

I have searched dilegently thru Lone Ranger and SuperHero sites for these 2 movies with no leads.

The last movie have have really less info on. As I was with my family visiting an aunt, and the poor reception was so bad we eventually turned off the movie.

I just remember this guy would have funky dreams about society, and when he woke up they became true. It was a serious and dark film to me, but I was maybe 13 at the time. I remember my dad was upset about the reception, and we left when it became unwatchable.

Comment

Hiya Doma

Try a film called Exo-man for your 2nd mystery movie

Comment

Good call Danny!
        Just watched a bit of Exo-man on YouTube.
        It looks hilarious

Comment

Am stuck at work and filters won't let me access YouTube so can't check it out - will try it tonight when I get home

I actually remembered watching Exo-man in 70's :-wasn't even aware it was still in my head till I read the post about the 3 films and it came back to me!

Comment

For the 3rd mystery movie title - how about the lathe of heaven?

It's odd cos I have a (very faint ) memory of Capt Kirk and Mr Spock coming up against George - unless Star Trek used part of the same plot for an episode in the late sixties/early seventies?

Comment

Woah! On a roll today Danny,
              go for the hat-trick

Comment

Am trying to get all answers up before OP comes back on here .

Googles tongue is hanging out and veins sticking out on his neck!

Comment

Is this it?
                  The second movie

Huh? Huh? Huh?

Blindman (1971)

Comment

Having just watched the trailer on YouTube,
                    I'd have said no
                    no masks, no special guns or bullets, just bog standard western.

shame

Comment

Sighhhhhh.

2 out of 3 ain't bad

Comment

Exo-man is correct.
                        The Lathe of Heaven appears to be correct also. I wish I could tell my dad, because he wanted to see that movie.

The other movie is not right. The western hero was not handi-capped with blindness or anything. But he was taught to shoot his gun blind folded though I believe.

Thanks so much, The Lathe of Heaven is now available on DVD!

Comment

I watched Lathe of Heaven, did not like it at all, the book may be better, in fact I didn't understand the end until I read about the movie afterwards.

Still really wanna know what that western hero movie is.

By the way I have another western movie request. This one is a comedy. It is family friendly, I remember seeing it at a Vacation Bible School as an adult in the 90's. It was relitively new, meaning it wasn't older than 1975, but would guess it may had been an 80's movie, but not sure.

There is some folks in a western town that hires a good guy to help them. He wears a white coyboy hat. Those who oppose him and this group hire another man who wears a black hat. The guy with the white hat says he's a good guy and thus wears a white hat and says all bad guys wear black hats. But the other guy who wears the black hat says he's a good guy. I think they reconcile and don't fight, and the 2 sides of the town reconcile as well.

Comment

Probably wrong but try The Villain (Cactus Jack) starring Arnie & Kirk Douglas

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                              Probably wrong but try The Villain (Cactus Jack) starring Arnie & Kirk Douglas
                              That movie stars Arnold Swartzneggar too, I believe, and looking at the description doesn't seem right.

But it may be Rustlers' Rhapsody. I watched a clip of it on YouTube and the good guy seems right. White, pristine, flashy. But the description of the movie I keep reading seems a little off. However, I may not have seen all the movie, and may have details wrong. Perhaps the white hat and black hat man reconcile, and work together to correct the town, I just can't remember the details of that. However, I am certain the white hat man and black hat man reconcile between themselves.

Also, I am now thinking that my original western, may have been a TV movie, making it more reasonable that other folks didn't see it. I know I saw it on broadcasted TV. I am wondering if it was some Lone Ranger movie. Was Lone Ranger ever trained by another western hero?

Comment

Working...
                              X