childhood book title belugi clugi pop girl digs up an elephant with a spoon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• childhood book title belugi clugi pop girl digs up an elephant with a spoon

I am trying to remember a childhood book (late 70s) about a small girl who digs up an elephant in her garden with a teaspoon, she was called something like belugi klugi pop but it probably wasn't spelt at all like that, does anyone have any ideas/memories

Re: childhood book title belugi clugi pop girl digs up an elephant with a spoon

Sorry but don't remember it. I'm doing some digging though.

Was it a real elephant or toy? Was it set in UK or abroad?

The only thing i get searching belugi and elephants is a load of scientific papers on kids development from the 1960s.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

hello it was an enormous real elephant she dug up while digging around in her garden with a little spoon, I was only a little girl so my memory is a bit vague but I know I loved the book, I would imagine it was a UK book. thank you

Comment

Hi, the book you are looking for is called Balooky Klujipop by Ivor Cutler published 1975.

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL5259446M

It was published in the UK, I found it is also called The Elephant Girl in some parts of the world. This was my favourite book growing up and I would get Mum and Dad to read it again and again, I always wanted to be able to draw on my celling like she did. I got it from a library sale for 10 cents, Bargain!! Happy hunting.

Comment

I can't believe it, I would never have found it thank you so much. I had forgotten all about her drawing on the ceiling, I am going to search for it straight away. thank you again it was really kind of you to let me know

Comment

Working...
          X