Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ABC minors club.

Anyone else used to be a member ?

It was Saturday mornings in your local cinema.....watching films cartoons and singing along to the music. Cant remember how much it cost but I'm sure you could get in with a jam jar or an empty juice bottle..........

Re: The ABC minors club.

Our local cinema was one of the long defunct chain, 'Classic'. In the mid seventies, my friends and I used to go to the Saturday morning club but only occasionally. I recall it was very rowdy. There were usually cartoons and maybe a Disney true-life film. They once showed the two Peter Cushing Dalek movies as a double feature. Kids were queued up right round the building.

Comment

Remember it well. I was an ABC Minor, we used to sing a song and this is how it went...............
      We are the boys and girls all known as,
      Minors of the ABC,
      and every saturday all line up,
      To see the films we like and shout around with glee,
      We like to laugh and have a sing song,#
      Just a happy crowd are we,
      Were all pals together,
      Were minors of The ABC

Comment

Originally posted by Krazy View Post
        Remember it well. I was an ABC Minor, we used to sing a song and this is how it went...............
        We are the boys and girls all known as,
        Minors of the ABC,
        and every saturday all line up,
        To see the films we like and shout around with glee,
        We like to laugh and have a sing song,#
        Just a happy crowd are we,
        Were all pals together,
        Were minors of The ABC
        & I thought I was the only one who remembered the song lol
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Sadly Saturday morning pictures was killed off by the advent of Saturday morning kids TV by the likes of Multi Coloured Swapshop & Tiswas
          sigpic
          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I remember singing 'Minors of the ABC' at Saturday morning pictures in Romford and have always wanted to find the tune it was sung to, to make a ringtone out of it. Sadly I don't know what the tune was called. I've heard military bands play it when marching, can anyone help please?
            Got it now - Blaze Away.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTNkaumX-VQ
            Last edited by Popee; 2 days ago.

Comment

Working...
            X