What happened to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to...

Those 3-D board games where you had multi levels that you had construct from card? All those tabs and slots... you'd spend ages setting up the board then the actual game lasted half the time. I think the one I had was a haunted house one... Happy days.
    What?

By the sound of it, the setting up was more hassle than it was worth.
    Into the 5th Millennium & beyond...!

Comment

awww c'mon Aidan where's your board game spirit!! although i have to agree with you where mousetrap is concerned!

Propergood, I think I had the same game and thought it was called Haunted House but doesn't really resemble the Haunted House games I've seen listed in, say, Ebay. If we had the same game, you used to be able to put ghosts/corpses into 'graves' and behind doors etc and if you landed on them...that's about all I can remember except that I would buy it for my kids if I could find it!!

Comment

Re: What happened to...

Jaydee - that sounds very much like 'Scream Inn':

http://www.toymonger.co.uk/GamePages/scream.htm

Look familiar?
        Last edited by robstanley1; 04-10-2007, 15:55.

Comment

I loved that kind of game. Had one called Haunted House where you had to drop a skull down the chimney .

Only big problem was when the cardboard bits got a bit battered through use and didn't fit together properly anymore.
          Laugh and the world laughs with you.
          But do it all the time and they will lock you away.
          sigpic

Comment

I had Ghost Castle and you had large bits of cardboard that you slotted together to make four rooms and you had to move along a path between the fours rooms to reach the staircase. You had to spin a spinner as well as throw a dice. One of the actions from the spinner was to drop a skull (which glowed in the dark) down a chimney which would roll down the stairs and knock anyone over who was near the finish.

It was very well used and was very battered so the bits didn't fit together very well and countless bits of cello tape were used to try to rescue it. It is still in my dads shed, i loved that game

Ah, the memories...

Comment

What about Mousetrap? That never seemed to fit together right!
              Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Much as I loved Mousetrap, it seemed longer to set up than the actual gameplay time

Comment

I had both Ghost Castle & Mousetrap.

I lost the skull from Ghost Castle & had to use a marble, & eventually a lot of the card walls got chewed up when putting it together, & it went when I had a clear out, though I did manage to keep one of the scarred stiff masks.

Mousetrap is still at my parents house.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I used to love Ghost train

Comment

Can I bring Crossbows and Catapults to this party?

Spend an age setting up the forts and soldiers with some loose semblance of tactics, and then just shoot the 'pucks' aggressively at your foe, and hope for blind luck.

THEN you had to clear up all the mess and figures.

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                      Marcel Proust

Comment

That was one of many toys that I knew from the ads, but never knew anyone who had one.

In fact I can't even remember seeing them in toyshops even.

It looked fun to play though.
                        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                          That was one of many toys that I knew from the ads, but never knew anyone who had one.

In fact I can't even remember seeing them in toyshops even.

It looked fun to play though.
                          You'd think so, but it was more like a plastic, cumbersome game of Pong. The version I had came with two larger forts, and the door was spring-loaded to a floor on the top. If you hit the door with a puck, the mechanism would fling off the soldiers on the top of it.

The sole, rare highlight in an otherwise bafflingly silly game.

It got better when we borrowed my sister's dollies and added them as giants, like Talos from Jason and the Argonauts. GO FOR THE ANKLES!
                          The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                          Marcel Proust

Comment

Kerplunk used to take ages to set up.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Ohh, i love Kerplunk

Comment

Working...
                              X