Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember these Horror Films?

Fright - Susan George

YouTube - Susan George hot babysitter in "Fright" (1971)

Blood on Satan's Claw

YouTube - The Blood On Satans Claw - Original Trailer 1970

And Soon the Darkness

YouTube - Suspense Sequence 015 - And Soon The Darkness (1970) - Trailer Stalker

YouTube - And Soon the Darkness (trailer)

These three films really stuck in my mind when i was a child.Blood on Satan's Claw was a wonderful film cinematically for me.And Soon the Darkness was superb,as it had me gripped with tension and apprehension,and Fright had me seriously frightened and incredibly creeped out.Does anybody else remember these Horror Films?
    Does anybody have any other examples of Horror Films that dripped and oozed tension and intense fear for the viewer? I notice how Horror Film makers have since stopped taking time to think so intensely,and putting the work in,to make Horror Films tense and worrying.If you can include a youtube clip,i would be deeply grateful,as i would love to see any other chosen films.

Re: Remember these Horror Films?

I certainly do remember these films as I have always loved horror films and have seen hundreds.
    I loved the old Hammer Horrors, particularly with Cushing, Lee and Price.

This is probably the most disturbing film I ever saw. Great classic.

YouTube - The Wicker Man - Trailer

Here is another nasty.

YouTube - Scream And Scream Again (1970) Trailer
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

they are brilliant horror films.there are so many i would love to see again and have on DVD.

Comment

I loved the old Hammer films too. When I was young in the late 70s and early 80s there would be a Horror Double Bill on a Saturday night. The first would be an oldie like 'The wolfman' or 'The Bat' and the second would be a more modern one eg 'Blood From The Mummy's' Tomb' or 'Curse of the Werewolf' (the Oliver Reed one, still very enjoyable film to watch imo).
        Do any of you remember 'Zoltan-Hound of Dracula' about a vampire Dobermann? The end of it had little vampire puppies with glowing eyes digging themselves out of the ground, few remember it.
        I loved the ones with short stories, some would be quite scary..like 'Dr Terror's House Of Horrors' and 'From Beyond the Grave'-one of the stories in that one was about a mirror with this creepy dude who'd appear in it at night and and say to the mirror's owner 'feed me!' in a creepy voice, then this chap would have to go out and bring someone back to murder and bury under the floorboards. This continued every night or two 'til the man in the mirror became more healthy looking, eventually he came out of the mirror and did away with his unfortunate slave who would be condemned to appear in the mirror for the next owner.

Comment

Originally posted by ann22 View Post
          Do any of you remember 'Zoltan-Hound of Dracula' about a vampire Dobermann? The end of it had little vampire puppies with glowing eyes digging themselves out of the ground, few remember it.
          I've seen that one. Trashy B-Movie horror at it's utmost best!

Comment

Halloween Movies use to love watching those on a Halloween Night, i think they starred Jamie Lee Curtis.
            HAPPY HALLOWEEN TO ALL. ENJOY YOUR SCARY OCTOBER 31st.

Comment

Zoltan - hound of dracula can be bought on DVD now.

Comment

Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                Fright - Susan George

YouTube - Susan George hot babysitter in "Fright" (1971)

Blood on Satan's Claw

YouTube - The Blood On Satans Claw - Original Trailer 1970

And Soon the Darkness

YouTube - Suspense Sequence 015 - And Soon The Darkness (1970) - Trailer Stalker

YouTube - And Soon the Darkness (trailer)

These three films really stuck in my mind when i was a child.Blood on Satan's Claw was a wonderful film cinematically for me.And Soon the Darkness was superb,as it had me gripped with tension and apprehension,and Fright had me seriously frightened and incredibly creeped out.Does anybody else remember these Horror Films?
                Does anybody have any other examples of Horror Films that dripped and oozed tension and intense fear for the viewer? I notice how Horror Film makers have since stopped taking time to think so intensely,and putting the work in,to make Horror Films tense and worrying.If you can include a youtube clip,i would be deeply grateful,as i would love to see any other chosen films.

I remember all of those 3.
                I know i have BLOOD ON SATAN'S CLAW on tape somewhere.
                That's the one with Wendy Padbury (Zoe from Dr.Who) isn't it?I'm pretty sure she has a topless scene in it.

Comment

I loved the old Hammer films too. When I was young in the late 70s and early 80s there would be a Horror Double Bill on a Saturday night. The first would be an oldie like 'The wolfman' or 'The Bat' and the second would be a more modern one eg 'Blood From The Mummy's' Tomb' or 'Curse of the Werewolf' (the Oliver Reed one, still very enjoyable film to watch imo).
                  I loved the ones with short stories, some would be quite scary..like 'Dr Terror's House Of Horrors' and 'From Beyond the Grave'-one of the stories in that one was about a mirror with this creepy dude who'd appear in it at night and and say to the mirror's owner 'feed me!' in a creepy voice, then this chap would have to go out and bring someone back to murder and bury under the floorboards. This continued every night or two 'til the man in the mirror became more healthy looking, eventually he came out of the mirror and did away with his unfortunate slave who would be condemned to appear in the mirror for the next owner.
                  In my regin the horror double bill was friday night/saturday morning..During the seventies.
                  sigpic

Comment

Memoman, you're probably right. I've memories of watching it when I was on my hols from school so Fri felt the same as Sat.

Comment

Memoman, you're probably right. I've memories of watching it when I was on my hols from school so Fri felt the same as Sat.
                      The double bill usually finished 2am saturday morning.
                      sigpic

Comment

I only remember the - And Soon the Darkness. Movies from Stephen King's books are quite scary too. Can't forget the - the Langoliers.

Comment

Good times for horror films,too much gore and slashing in modern films,cant beat creepiness and the eerie feelings that come with viewing an old horror.
                          Frame.
                          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Totally agree. The best ones could scare you silly without showing anything graphic at all. Just the suspense and build up was enough

Comment

Originally posted by paul28 View Post
                              I only remember the - And Soon the Darkness. Movies from Stephen King's books are quite scary too. Can't forget the - the Langoliers.
                              The Langoliers ..only discovered this classic in the last few years..Very good film .But it is steven king afterall.I enjoyed christine very much.However films made from books don't always translate very well.Depends on how the authour is interpreted,And how much they can fit or decide to include in the script.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X