Him off brush strokes advert in 80's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Him off brush strokes advert in 80's

This ad opens with prison gate shutting and a ex-con walking out onto the street to freedom (Jacko off Brush strokes )

He's wearing 1970's clothes that look really dated in the mid-eighties.
    As he walks along the street a flash car pulls up and he gets a lift from a mate who was waiting for him to get out of nick.

What was this ad for ?
    The car ?
    New clothes?
    Going to celebrate and eating a particular food or drink he's been missing?

Anyone know please cos it's bugging me ?

Re: Him off brush strokes advert in 80's

I know the exact advert you speak of Danny, but I'll be damed if I can remember what it was for, I know he did a range of Flash aderts but I dont think it was one of those, unless he can out with the line "I'm going CLEAN"??
    Heather

Comment

Only reference to crime and Karl Howman I can find is an advert for McEwans Beer

Comment

I think he may have been called vince, the bloke in the car says "Ello Vince"

Here he is, Flash adverts

http://www.visit4ads.com/details.cfm?adid=12201
        http://www.visit4ads.com/advert/Flas...sh-Range/30292
        Heather

Comment

There is a reference somewhere that he did (Walls?) sausage adverts in the 80s...

Comment

He was in another ad where he was cleaning someone's window. A woman with curly dark hair flirtatiously mouths 'get off' or something like that to him. She looked like Sue Johnson in her younger years, dunno what it was for.

Comment

It was for McEwans lager and it was a dodgy looking scotish bloke who picked him up, they both starred together in a tv series called bad boys around the mid 90s, i dont know if they played the same characters they portrayed in the ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jingbang View Post
                It was for McEwans lager and it was a dodgy looking scotish bloke who picked him up, they both starred together in a tv series called bad boys around the mid 90s, i dont know if they played the same characters they portrayed in the ad.
                It was for McEwans Export. They did play the same characters in the BBC series ' Bad Boys'. The actor playing the hardman was Freddie Boardley.

Comment

Working...
                X