Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Behave on an Internet Forum

For anyone new to forums, or for general info
    How To Behave On An Internet Forum (Technology & Cars: Internet: Useful Tips)
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: How to Behave on an Internet Forum

LOL

Comment

Loved that! Very funny and cleverly written.

Comment

Stay away from Gamespot's forum!!! I was unfairly and permanently banned after one day just for adding an opinion to an old thread and having a disruptive account. I could understand if I'd been inciting violence, race/religion hate and sending them a virus or being verbally abusive to anybody else on the forum!
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Are you trying to break that record here?

Comment

Originally posted by vanhelsing View Post
            Stay away from Gamespot's forum!!! I was unfairly and permanently banned after one day just for adding an opinion to an old thread and having a disruptive account. I could understand if I'd been inciting violence, race/religion hate and sending them a virus or being verbally abusive to anybody else on the forum!
            Lol! Obviously I know how to conduct myself on an internet forum and have always behaved with complete dignity and decorum
            But I was once on a "chummy" site where the "in croud" could say whatever they liked and this picky little so-and-so would report you every time you went even slightly "off topic" - hindering anything resembling a conversation.
            I called him a frustrated traffic warden and got banned!
            Thankfully, everyone is more mellow here!

Comment

Videogames forums are a wretched hive of scum and villiany. You must be careful. Stick close to me and leave the droids outside.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                Videogames forums are a wretched hive of scum and villiany. You must be careful. Stick close to me and leave the droids outside.
                Once upon a time, there was a great game by CDV called Blitzkreig, a bit like age of empires but you can play allied, russian or german campaigns, point and clicky god type thing with tanks and troops.
                Unfortunately a fan based support and developers website closed down and the forums went with it,
                Some of the game fans formed there own forum, it started off fine but ended up being a nasty minded little club for a few pubescent male idiots who banned everyone for saying any thing they didnt like, everyone got banned apart from the main admin and his little group of toady sycophants and now its only accessible by personal invite from the chief ar****le or his moderator acolytes themselves.

Fortunately there is another one for everyone else

Comment

Originally posted by Flash Gordon View Post
                  Lol! Obviously I know how to conduct myself on an internet forum and have always behaved with complete dignity and decorum
                  But I was once on a "chummy" site where the "in croud" could say whatever they liked and this picky little so-and-so would report you every time you went even slightly "off topic" - hindering anything resembling a conversation.
                  I called him a frustrated traffic warden and got banned!
                  Thankfully, everyone is more mellow here!
                  thats harsh getting banned for say that mate.
                  some forums are to strict,you have to allow some banter etc.

thankfully all the sites im a member of are dead on.
                  also have my own gaming forum with another fella.
                  nothing wrong with going off topic once in a while.

all members should be treated the same way with respect etc...

any member who is offensive and gives racial abuse to others should be given a warning or banned.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Give em a uniform and they think they're Hitler...

Comment

Working...
                    X