Cello - 80's chocolate bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cello - 80's chocolate bar

I seem to be the only person who remembers these and I KNOW I'm not going crazy
    I used to buy them in my local shop in the late 80s.
    It was a thin white chocolate bar which contained pieces of almond and it MAY have had a pink and white wrapper with a picture of a treble clef on it.

I also remember Galaxy truffle bars from around the same era. These were also quite flat and came in two varieties although I can't remember what they were. They had a brown outer wrapper and an inner wrapper which was silver on one variety and pink on the other. Anyone else recall these?

Re: Cello - 80's chocolate bar

Not a name thats ringing any bells at all for me, but will try and sniff out some info

Comment

The Cello chocolate bar DEFINITELY existed although I've never been able to find any info about it. It was flat like a Milkybar (not the chunky version ) and it may have had the word 'Cello' written on the chocolate. It contained almonds but they didn't taste particularly toasted. They were quite pale.
      I think it was quite a short lived bar and I'm pretty sure the first time I saw it was around 1987/1988. It MAY have even been a Cadbury bar.

Comment

Not a fan of White Choc, but this is the first I've heard of it..
        nearest I can find is the US White Hershey bar with Almonds.
        Will keep looking

Comment

Thanks
          Would love to know what became of it.

Comment

I remember these clearly! They were quite expensive from my memory and delicious! I think Mars confectionery made them.

Comment

The name cello is familiar, but what springs to my mind is a small chocolate covered marshmallow bar. I may be getting it mixed up with something else.

EDIT: scratch that. I'm thinking of trello bars!
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Hi All
                I used to work at the Nestle factory in Hayes Middlesex where we used to make Cello bars. This was around 1986 ish. They were a fantastic bar which contained toasted almonds. I remember that they were produced for a couple of years.

Comment

Working...
                X