Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naff Embarrassing Songs You Cant Help Loving - Enter The Confession Box!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naff Embarrassing Songs You Cant Help Loving - Enter The Confession Box!

Theres a big list of naff embarrassing songs from my youth that i secretly loved but would never confess to.
    So i feel this is the perfect place to confess.(after all no one knows you here, ha ha ha)
    Here's just a few of naff songs i still love...

Two little boys - Rolf Harris - YouTube - Two Little Boys - Rolf Harris

Sugar Sugar - Archie's - YouTube - The Archies intro 1969

San Fransisco - Scott mckinsey - YouTube - Scott McKenzie - San Francisco

Lightning tree - The settlers - YouTube - Follyfoot Opening Titles

Id like to teach the world to sing - The new Seekers - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mOEU87SBTU

Chirpy Cheep Cheep - Middle of the road - YouTube - MIDDLE OF THE ROAD - CHIRPY CHIRPY CHEEP CHEEP 1971

The lion sleeps tonight - Tight Fit - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cD9cBEaNBc

Crazy horses - The Osmond's - YouTube - the osmonds "crazy horses"
    -

They dont know - Tracy Ullman - YouTube - Tracey Ullman - They Don't Know (Music Video)

I should be so lucky - kylie Minogue - YouTube - Kylie Minogue - I Should Be So Lucky

...Oh the shame!....

Now its your turn.... Come on get it of your chest and confess.
    Last edited by aron123; 24-10-2009, 19:59.

Re: Naff Embarrassing Songs You Cant Help Loving - Enter The Confession Box!

Something comes over me when this Damien's 'Timewarp' comes on...I've made a tit of myself throwing shapes to it many many times.
    YouTube - The Time Warp with Damien

and this as well..the B52s with 'Loveshack'
    YouTube - The B52's - Love Shack

My favourite of Shaky's
    YouTube - Shakin Stevens-Green door

And Wham 'Wake me up before you go go' (is that naff?)
    YouTube - Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

And I've Rick Astley on my mp3 player, I bop home from work every day to it
    YouTube - Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

Comment

Ann thanks for being brave enough for listing your naff songs, there almost as embarrassing as my list ...ALMOST!
      Its all personal taste of course but the first 3 song make me cringe whenever i hear them, along with one of my most hated songs of all time - I will survive - Gloria Gaynor, i know alot of women like this song but... ahhh turn it off pleases!!!!

Wake me up is another song i did not like at all, but for some strange reason it has grown on me over the years, it must have matured over the years.

As for - Never gonna give up up by Rick Astley ive always secretly loved that song, great little bopping tune.
      Anyway really interesting list.

So come on people! be brave like Ann and show us yours, let have a laugh

Comment

Theres just one song that I secretly love, very naff & oh so embarrasing but when I hear it, I end up humming it all day & drive myself completely potty! wanna know what it is?...Oh! the shame! its.... Agado! I know, its sad isn't it? Dont know who sings it but who ever it was didn't do me any favours!

Katieloo....
        guess what? Iam humming it now....see what ya done!

Comment

Originally posted by katieloo View Post
          . Agado! I know, its sad isn't it? Dont know who sings it
          It's by Black Lace, memorable for all those 80's party songs
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

'Tis confession time, O Holy Father.

My guilty pleasures are:

My Camera Never Lies by Buck's Fizz
            Best Years Of Our Lives by Modern Romance
            Part Of The Union by the Strawbs
            Words by F R David
            The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

not sure if these count as embarrassing but here goes.

belinda carlisle heaven is a place on earth.

kylie i should be so lucky.

in fact i like most of kylie's stock aitken and waterman songs.
              Last edited by darren; 14-07-2011, 23:55.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

What's wrong with If Your Going To San Fransisco (Be Sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair), it was an ace 60s song, easily one of my top 5 fave 60s song's!

I like Terrence trent Darby's Sign Your Name ...... admittted it was a bit "sickly" let's say , but a great song.

I liked both version's of Season's In The Sun (Westlife and Jack? ... though the words are tragic, they are brilliantly added ... who'd ever put words in a song they did!!?

Nillson. Without You .. another great song but tragic word's which always make me make me upsett for some reason (but this go back to when i'd heard it for the first time in yonks while having a bad day in 2004).

Chesney Hawks. The One And Only, a great song which sadly I feel Chesney still recieves little credit for as does his career in general sadly by many!

I'll try and more if and when I can!!

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                  not sure if these count as embarrassing but here goes.

belinda carlisle heaven is a place on earth.

kylie i should be so lucky.

in fact i like most of kylie's stock aitken and waterman songs.

Heaven Is A Place On Earth is not naff i'd say Darren, I have always thought Belinda was great all round solid singer who never went for such song's!

As long as I can avoid talking about Risk astley, admitted he made song's that had great lyrics, but he had no idea how to hold a note at all and was totaly tone death IMHO. He sounded like a Cat trying to sing I have always thought!!

Comment

Originally posted by katieloo View Post
                    Theres just one song that I secretly love, very naff & oh so embarrasing but when I hear it, I end up humming it all day & drive myself completely potty! wanna know what it is?...Oh! the shame! its.... Agado! I know, its sad isn't it? Dont know who sings it but who ever it was didn't do me any favours!

Katieloo....
                    guess what? Iam humming it now....see what ya done!
                    Agadoo by Black Lace, There's also a more risque version (also by Black lace) called 'have a sc**w' (which I just happen to have somewhere as a 12" single :-D)

Comment

another one is stay by lisa loeb.
                      it makes me cry when i listen to it.
                      but i love soppy songs.

Comment

Originally posted by sludgeguts View Post
                        Agadoo by Black Lace, There's also a more risque version (also by Black lace) called 'have a sc**w' (which I just happen to have somewhere as a 12" single :-D)
                        when u say risque are there rude words in it.
                        Not a version that would be on totp then.

Comment

The first record I ever bought was Two Little Boys by Rolf Harris.
                          Elvis singing Suspicious Minds was in the charts at the same time. I wish Id bought that instead.
                          I Love the

Comment

The band......Buck's Fizz, record.....One Of Those Nights. 1981 I'm pretty sure. They were huge!!!!
                            The Barbara Woodhouse song I recall word for word note for note, sheepishly!

Comment

I love to love by Tina Charles
                              She was quite cute in a big-hip way lol especially when she sang "Lets get down to what I'm trying to say"
                              I go back to the original Jethro Tull - Yes! The seed drill inventor!

Comment

Working...
                              X