pelliphant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pelliphant

i think he was a naive blue (or pink maybe) elephant who got into scrapes.

Re: pelliphant

I remember Pelliphant.I have,or did have,the book here.The front cover was of Pelliphant taking up most of the cover i think.I am in the same frame of mind as yourself,unsure if Pelliphant was pink or blue.I guess he must have been pink with blue spots?I have been looking for the book all afternoon and evening,but cannot find it.

Comment

Maybe you mean Pellefant? (cant find it in English tho??)

Heather

Comment

I have just found info on wiki

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pellefant

Comment

Yep I read that too, the description of Pellefant does sound right
          Heather

Comment

I remember pellefant (don't think the English spelling was the same). I had a couple of annuals when I was a toddler.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Just spotted it in your annuals post MoonVisage

Heather

Comment

Thank you so much Huggie74.I knew there was something i had forgotten.I will take a better picture of it for this thread.

Comment

Here are a few pictures of the front cover and a few pages from the inside.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	259720Click image for larger version

Name:	p1.jpg
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	259721Click image for larger version

Name:	p2.jpg
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	259722Click image for larger version

Name:	p5.jpg
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	259723Click image for larger version

Name:	p3.jpg
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	259724

Comment

And a few more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	p6.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	259725Click image for larger version

Name:	p7.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	259726Click image for larger version

Name:	p9.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	259727Click image for larger version

Name:	p8.jpg
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	259728

I have had to take these pictures at a different angle,because i am surrounded by tools,ladders etc.

Comment

Does this one have a story called Fly Flax and the balloon? I had 2 annuals and can't recall which one it was in. One of my earlist memories was my Grandad reading it to me when I was staying the night. Remember that black spikey goblin and the giant. Thanks for posting.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Yes it does branny.It is the first story in the book.I got this annual in 1973.The story title is:
                        Fly,Flax and the Balloon - Saving the Bulls.

Professor fly was sitting comfortably in his armchair,reading the newspaper.He was reading about the boy who had eaten the world's biggest ice cream and got the world's worst tummy ache.
                        '' Flax,come here a moment,'' he called.Flax the parrot flew across and sat down on the arm of the chair,
                        ''now listen to this,''said the professor,and read the story of the boy and his tummy ache!''
                        ''That would never happen to me,'' said flax,''for i have only a very small stomach I would only get a very small tummy ache!''
                        ''oh no,'' said the professor. '' according to my calculations,it is possible to get the world's worst tummy ache even if you've got the world's smallest stomach.You see...''
                        But flax was more interested in something he had seen in the paper.''what's that man in the picture doing?'' he askedpointing his peak at a photo in the paper.
                        '' Er,um,he's doing something very strange,something they do in a country called spain,''said the professor. ''he's fighting a bull.they do it a lot in spain.''
                        ''but it's not fair!'' said flax.'' the bull-fighter has got a sword!you know,,we've got to think of a way of saving those bulls.''
                        ''all right,let's think,'' said the professor,wrinkling his forehead.
                        Flax was the fastest thinker.
                        ''I've got it!'' he shouted after a while. ''I know how to save the bulls from the bull-fighters!we take our lifting machine with the big hook and then we go to spain and lift all the bulls into the balloon's basket!''
                        ''what a goof idea!almost as if i had thought of it myself,'' said the professor,jumping out of his chair.
                        '' go and tell the balloon to get ready while i fetch the winch and the hook from the cellar.''
                        No sooner was it said than done.before long,they had fastened the winch to the balloon's basket and were high up in the air on their way to spain.They knew they had to hurry,for the next day was sunday---And sunday was the main bull-fighting day.
                        ''Please go as fast as you can,'' shouted flax to the balloon.''unless we get there quickly we won't be able to save any bulls.''
                        '' yes,yess, i know,'' said the balloon,''but don't bother me.you can see for yourself i'm flying as fast as i can.''
                        The moon beamed down on them as they flew through the night,and in the morning they reached spain.The professor put his big telescope to his eye and peered all around him.Then he saw what he was looking for---something like a big football pitch,except that it was round.Lots and lots of people were in seats all around,cheering and shouting.
                        ''There it is!'' cried the professor.'' a bull-fight!''
                        He told the balloon to go down.
                        Soon they were low enough to see a man with a sword in his hand chasing a bull-- at least that;s what it looked like.
                        '' Golly,'' said flax, '' what funny clothes the man is wearing--just like a clown.''
                        The balloon had come down so low that the bull-fighter heard what flax said.
                        '' who are you calling a clown?'' he shouted. '' come down here and i will teach you some manners.'' he swung his sword above his head.
                        '' you come up here and i'll bite your nose with my sharp beak,'' flax shouted back.
                        Then he flew down,making all sorts of cheeky remarks.The bull-fighter got angrier and angrier,and his face became quite red.He jumped into the air to try to catch flax a whack with his sword,but flax always stayed just out of reach.
                        The people in the seats round the ring were also getting angry.they waved their fists and booed.
                        ''go away,'' they shouted. '' we came to see a bull-fight not a parrot fight!''
                        Everyone was so busy watching flax and the bull-fighter that no one took much notice of the bull---except professor fly.And that was all part of the plan.
                        For while flax was darting all over the place with the bull-fighter chasing him and swinging his sword,professor fly was busy lowering the big hook.
                        And before anyone had quite realised what was happening the bull was lifted safely up under the ballon's basket.
                        Flax flew across and sat on one of his horns,and only then did the bull-fighter see the bull floating above his head.
                        ''hey,come back with my bull!'' he shouted.
                        But it was too late.the ballon kept rising,and soon they reached a green meadow in the mountains where the bull was let off the hook and left to munch the green grass.
                        It was a hectic day for fly,flax and the balloon,and after that they flew all around spain saving all the bulls they could find from being chased by bull-fighters.
                        And though they were all tired out at the end of it they all agreed it was the best day they had had for a long time.

I thought i would type out the story for you branny,i hope it brings back some wonderful memories of being with your grandfather.

I will write a list of the story title in the 1973 annual i have below:

1: Fly,Flax and the Balloon - Saving the Bulls.
                        2: Susie.
                        3: Tommy Teaser's Testing Time.
                        4: Fly,Flax and the Balloon - The Wonderful Hatmaker.
                        5: Pellephant - Trouble in the Treetops.
                        6: Pellephant and the Runaway Bus
                        7: Susie
                        8: Pellephant Goes to School.
                        9: Susie.
                        10: Pellephant - fun with a fancy dress.
                        11: Susie.
                        12: Fly,Flax and the balloon - To the Rescue!
                        13: Pengy Gets a New Scarf.
                        14: Berta Beak's Dream Comes True.
                        15: Fly,Flax and the balloon - The Professor Becomes Invisible.

This 1973 annual says: Pellephant Annual No1. So maybe,this was the first ever Annual about Pellephant in the United Kingdom?

Comment

Working...
                        X