Eyeless In Gaza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyeless In Gaza

I've yet to find another human being who is also a fan of Eyeless In Gaza - anyone here remember them, or dare I ask, is a fan? They are probably my all-time favourite band, I have tons of their stuff on my i-Pod. Some of it's a bit self-indulgent and obscure, but so much more of it is WONDERFUL! Their "Back From The Rains" album was the constant soundtrack to my student days in the 80's, along with "Drumming The Beating Heart" (the latter is my favourite album of all time!), but there have been a couple of great others, and there are at least 3 'greatest hits' albums available that I know of. Their guitar sound is like no-one else's, and I adore their atmospheric synths. Martyn Bates' voice isn't everyone's cup of tea (my husband hates it) but I adore it, even when the lyrics are difficult to make out. Martyn has carved out quite a respectable solo career as well, though at times he got a bit folky for my tastes. I do like my icy electronica!
    I did hear that he and Pete Becker (other half of the duo for those who don't know) got back together last year to tour as Eyeless In Gaza again - I didn't find out til the tour was over - rats! - don't suppose anyone here went?

I would simply LOVE to find someone to enthuse with - any fellow fans around?

Re: Eyeless In Gaza

I remember them, but sadly, like your husband, just cannot get on with them.. I've tried

Comment

Re: Eyeless In Gaza

I've never heard of them,got the book though.
      Frame.
      "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Working...
      X