Can I get a rewind?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get a rewind?

Yes, yes you can! Why's that? Because forget about your CDs, and instead experience that rush of winding tape once more, as the cassette finally makes its comeback.

Apparently, after a flood of interest and in a bid to cash in on the 'grey pound', Island Records is releasing a run of cassette tapes to rival that there new-fangled technology we're calling 'downloads' or 'CDs'. But hold your horses, as this limited-edition release only extends so far to 'Words For You', an album of poetry recitals over classical music, read by the likes of Joanna Lumley. The planned run of 4000 tapes has sold out already, so more are now being produced for sale on Amazon. And it looks like others could follow... maybe a mix tape in time for Valentine's Day, who knows...

Would you welcome the cassette back? And can you remember the first-ever cassette you owned? Who still owns a Walkman? We want to know!

Subscribe in a reader

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Can I get a rewind?

Yep, I'd readily welcome the cassette back, along with everything else that is 1980's as I am completely fed up of living in this terrible 'age' and want my sanity back.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

I'd be happy to buy cassette tapes again but I would need a really good player. I have quite an old one that plays badly and have been thinking of updating it for some time. So yeah, if you can still buy decent cassette decks, I'd definitely be up for it.
      Last edited by Marine Boy; 16-12-2009, 08:46.

Comment

I had 2 personal stereos, the second of which developed a bad habit of playing the middle of sides of some tapes slowly for some reason. I've still got it but it's hardly been used since I got a Minidisc player nearly 10 years ago.

I've still got a decent hi-fi tape deck that gets occasional use.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Never owned a walkman myself, but everyone at college walked about with them!

I remember a group called Heaven 17 brought out a tape called "music for stowaways"

Am I right in thinking that walkmans were initially know as stowaways?

Comment

Yep. still got that tape here. It was the Sony Stowaway they meant, then Sony changed the name to Walkman
            Last edited by sixtyten; 03-01-2010, 21:54.

Comment

Working...
            X