smash up car game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smash up car game

can anybody remember what this game was called, from around the late 70s to 1980 ish, cars were about 8 - 10" long and ran on one large wheel in the middle activated by a plastic rip cord. When thay hit something the doors, wheels bonnet etc all flew off and invariably got lost. lol. but its the one thing as a kid i loved, and am desparate to find out what it was, and possibly try and get my hands on again. Any help would be great , thanks.

That was the SSP Smash Up Derby. Had 2 different sets myself. Just found the yellow station wagon buried in the back yard. Hope that helped

Comment

Re: smash up car game

Yes, I had one of those! They were called "Stock Car Smash Up"... although I don't know if I've spelt that correctly.

They were brilliant!

Tom

Comment

stock-car smash up

Yeah I remember these. They were cool! If i remember correctly you got a blue vw bug and a red pick up truck in the set
        David, aged 37 and three quarters

Comment

Yep they were 2 VW's Beetles, Love Bugs yellowish with self applied stickers, with wings, bumpers etc that fell off. Remote control kinda, of well on a cable/wire/lead.

Comment

I had that but got bored with having to keep putting all the car parts back on each time to play another game.

Comment

I had the red/blue set although I thought they were called "Stock Car Smash-ups". I also had the Pink Panther car with the whell in the middle and a rubber "snout" to protect the skirting boards.

Comment

Working...
              X