Stinkbombs! + Funsnaps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinkbombs! + Funsnaps!

How about those little cardboard boxes with 3 glass ampules of yellowish liquid in that you got for 50p and were made in Germany? Tread on em and phewwweee They had STINKBOMBEN on the side of the box?

Funsnaps, quite loud cracks were emmited by throwing a little white twist of paper at the ground?

Bet they banned everything like than now!

Re: Stinkbombs! + Funsnaps!

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
    How about those little cardboard boxes with 3 glass ampules of yellowish liquid in that you got for 50p and were made in Germany? Tread on em and phewwweee They had STINKBOMBEN on the side of the box?

Funsnaps, quite loud cracks were emmited by throwing a little white twist of paper at the ground?

Bet they banned everything like than now!
    The funsnaps still exist i saw some being thrown about a couple or so years back.Not sure what they are called now?Stink bombs i suspect still exist.(Proberbly)
    sigpic

Comment

they sell the white paper twist bombs in our local shop, you get about 50 for 50p, they are called snap bombs.
      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        they sell the white paper twist bombs in our local shop, you get about 50 for 50p, they are called snap bombs.
        I think thats what they were called when i bought them as a kid.
        sigpic

Comment

We used to buy both of these in huge quantities from the local joke shop every time a group of Brownies came to stay in "our" village hall, and would make their stay a misery! God knows what their Brown Owl though of us - we were usually a nice little bunch of kids but for some reason turned into a feral mob every time they came to stay!

Comment

Our local stores never sold stinkbombs. Fun snaps, yes. I made my own stink bombs from the crude chemicals in my chemistry sets. Seem to recall it was Iron Sulphide and Sodium Bisulphate. Made boiling tubes full of the stuff! And I think Fun Snaps were just Picric Acid crystals wrapped in paper, although I could never get any of this.
            "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Big Let Down - Bought a Stinkbomb for 20p from one of those kiddies vending machines on newsagents walls (I have a fascination for these machines still) My Husband stamped on it in the front porch, we both stood there waiting for the humongous results.........NOTHING! The worst waste of a 20p EVER! Hardly any smell - If Thats Life Team were still investigating I am sure for dissapointment value it would appear on the show - Health and Safety have even removed the eggy smell from our STINKBOMBS - I rest my case.....................

Comment

i remember when in school the other kids would let off stinkbombs in our class in primary school

one time a kid did and when the teacher came in he said who done it.
                did the teacher think it was a human stinkbomb.hehe

man i can still smell it.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I bought two trade boxes full of proper German style stink bombs. Used a few in some random shops for a laugh and they proper stink! One Co - Op I let one off in STUNK for hours! I also chose the technology dept of John Lewis as it was in the basement with no windows....ha ha. They are the type Flying Saucer mentioned...I even bought stink bomb bags - they let off a loud bang too - not as smelly but the bangs quite funny...Still got loads...hmmmm!

I

Comment

the mind boggles as to when and where you will let them off next you naughty little boy..hehe.

never knew there where so many different type of stinkbombs funsnaps etc.

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                    I bought two trade boxes full of proper German style stink bombs. Used a few in some random shops for a laugh and they proper stink! One Co - Op I let one off in STUNK for hours! I also chose the technology dept of John Lewis as it was in the basement with no windows....ha ha. They are the type Flying Saucer mentioned...I even bought stink bomb bags - they let off a loud bang too - not as smelly but the bangs quite funny...Still got loads...hmmmm!

I
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                    X