Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can anyone remember sour fish and sour tulips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anyone remember sour fish and sour tulips?

When I was about 11 or 12 (1984/5) me and my mates used to buy these sour fish and sour tulips from our corner shop. They were quite big and I think they were either 3p or 5p each. I have fond memories of them being so sour that they made your tongue bleed! They were great! We were sure they were covered in some sort of acid they were so strong lol! You had to have a carton of 'Tip Top' drink to wash your mouth out (or cool you down if it was a frozen tip top)!
    Can anyone else remember these. Nearly every small shop in my town sold them. They were in a large clear tub and you bought them in singles. The fish always seemed more sour than the tulips though!
    Last edited by stuckinthe80's; 05-01-2010, 09:18.
    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Re: Can anyone remember sour fish and sour tulips?

Sour fish? Can't remember those. Sour babies' dummies, of course, and those nasty sour cola bottles.
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

They weren't soft jelly like a sour cola bottle. They were quite tough and a bit rubbery from what I remember. They were 2 coloured too (like red fish with a yellow tail sort of thing) and really really strong!
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember them very well. My local Spar in Crofton West Yorkshire sold them in the late 80s. They definitely took a bit of chewing through.

Comment

Working...
        X