Traffic Light Lollipops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Light Lollipops?

Red Yellow and green lollipops a bit like those chuppa chupp things, but wrapped in clear cellophane and sold in a jar?

Did they taste of pear drops?

Re: Traffic Light Lollipops?

I remember those! they changed colour as you sucked from red to yellow to green if my memory serves me right. Can't really remember what they tasted of though. My favorites were sherbert shandie lollies. The pink ones especially!

Comment

I don't recall they especially tasted of pear drops. They were just a typical fruit boiled sweet flavor, IMHO. But the traffic light lollies seemed huge compared with the lollies you get these days. And I always crunched them long before the green bit at the center appeared.
      "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

they did taste like pear drops
        they were 2p in my local shop BUT if you wanted the special ones dipped in the pseudo chocolate they were 3p

Comment

Originally posted by 3up2down View Post
          I remember those! they changed colour as you sucked from red to yellow to green if my memory serves me right. Can't really remember what they tasted of though. My favorites were sherbert shandie lollies. The pink ones especially!
          Sherbet shandy lollies? Were they the ones that were sort of crumbly a bit like Edinburgh rock? Yellow ones and pink ones. I've never come across traffic light lollies but they sounded good.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I loved those Sherbert Shandies. The pink ones especially! They were very much like Edinburgh Rock trickyvee.
            Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Traffic light lollies were red I think, and as you licked them changed to yellow and then green.

Comment

The traffic light lollies that we had in the early 70s were fruit flavoured (strawb/orange/lime) about the size of a pingpong ball and changed colour (red orange & green) and were covered in thick milk chocolate the were 2d/3d and kept in a big sweetie jar at the local P.O. and shop in the next village. We used to regularly cycle to Braceborough to buy them they weren't individually wrapped and the shopkeeper would pop them in the little paper bags that hung her side of the counter by a string threaded through the corner of. - Another thing you never seem to see these days most bags are plastic.

Comment

Working...
                X