Orange Juice - " Mud In Your Eye "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Juice - " Mud In Your Eye "

I absolutely LOVED this song, featuring guest vocals from the wonderful Paul Quinn, originally found on the "Rip It Up" album, which I used to own on vinyl. For some reason (probably cos the album as a whole wasn't up to OJ's usual excellent standards) that album is no longer available. I would absolutely love to track down this song if it's available online in any shape or form - can anyone help?

Re: Orange Juice - " Mud In Your Eye "

I have it. HUGE OJ fan. let me know your email address via PM and I'll send it

Comment

Just realised I'm sitting here in a Postcard Records of Scotland teeshirt

Whole album sent via PM system

Comment

Crumbs, that was quick! Thank you so much! I have a fondness for that album, even if it's not up to scratch (apart from the sublime "Mud..."), I found the Zeke -led tracks quite interesting, very different to what I usually listen to, it'll be great to hear those again too.

I still have a couple of 12 inch Paul Quinn singles, "Pale Blue Eyes" with Edwyn Collins and "Ain't That Always The Way", both from the film "Punk Rock Hotel" which alas I never saw and indeed know nothing about. I've always been curious - able to shed any light?

Comment

Never got released/made as far as I know. another Alan Horne fantasy I think.
          I think Rip it up is a great album, Zeke added a new dimension to the band. I don't think they made a bad album. Even The third "The Orange Juice" album has some stonkers like Salmon Fishing in New York, and Get while the gettings good.
          Texas fever was great too.

excuse the dressing gown, its late

Comment

Did you hear Paul Quinn when he was with Bourgie Bourgie? or his solo album?
            He had a great voice, but was just mismanaged

Comment

Great Tee!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                Did you hear Paul Quinn when he was with Bourgie Bourgie? or his solo album?
                He had a great voice, but was just mismanaged
                I remember hearing about Bourgie Bourgie, but never realised they were a Paul Quinn vehicle. Have frequently looked on Amazon and iTunes for Paul Quinn solo stuff, but no avail. All I have is the tracks I've mentioned above, but would love to hear more. I think his voice is just incredible, he could definitely give Chris Isaak a run for his money.

Comment

I have the Bourgie stuff (2 singles) and some others. Will get it in a file and post you a link sometime.
                  Pretty sure I have his one and only solo album somewhere (the strangely named "will i ever be inside of you?")

Comment

Yup, just checked..i do have it. will Pm a link tomorrow

Comment

Again, many thanks. Now get some sleep!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X