need help with a memory...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help with a memory...

Don't know if this is in the right place to post as I'm not sure if there were sweets involved with the thing I remember, but it might jog someone's memory. For a while you could get something that came with small road sign badges inside. I think it might have been sweets, perhaps in a little box? There was one badge in each pack, usually triangle-shaped and made of red plastic with the picture printed on holographic paper. Can anyone remember what these were?
    1976 Vintage

Re: need help with a memory...

Just bumping this as I keep remembering them! I'd love to know what they were. For additional information, the time frame would have been approximately 1985-1987. The badges were about 4cm high with a safety pin stuck to the back, hard red plastic and the holographic paper was the sort that was most common at the time - very small squares. The designs were standard road signs. I remember having a 'low flying aircraft', 'give way', 'slippery road' and a few others. About 8 in all. Pretty sure these were something that could be bought in shops like newsagents hence me thinking there were also sweets involved!
    Last edited by Trickyvee; 04-02-2013, 21:52.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

This does ring a faint bell with me, but I cant be sure I'm not confusing it with a road safety game we had for the car.
      Heather

Comment

the only thing it sounds like to me is 'Booty Bags' but it was a holographic sticker that came with them and not a badge.

Comment

You're not thinking of a toy out of a cereal packet are you Tricky?......I know they don't give toys away in cereal packets anymore (health & safety I assume), but maybe that's what you're thinking of Click image for larger version

Name:	think_smiley_28.gif
Views:	2
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	260227

Comment

Originally posted by themilkman View Post
            You're not thinking of a toy out of a cereal packet are you Tricky?......I know they don't give toys away in cereal packets anymore (health & safety I assume), but maybe that's what you're thinking of [ATTACH=CONFIG]3563[/ATTACH]
            Maybe, I'm really not sure as only the badges themselves stick in my mind. They are the sort of thing that could have quite easily come from a cereal packet but for some reason it is sweets that I keep thinking of. Could be wrong though.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

Found this picture of the badges on ebay but unfortunately no information on their origin. The search goes on ...
              Attached Files
              1976 Vintage

Comment

Think I do, I'll see if I haven't done too much damage in the 1990's to my brain n maybe i'll remember soon ;-)

Comment

Came with Slush Puppy, according to this person's memory

http://www.flickr.com/photos/7234172@N03/13236328904/

Comment

Hmm I'm not sure. I had more of these badges than I drank slush puppies. Nice pic find tho!
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                    X