Rabbit and wolf. Foreign film.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbit and wolf. Foreign film.

I'm not sure if this was a movie or just a cartoon. I had it on VHS as a kid and repeatedly watched it.

But I don't have it anymore and I'm trying to track it down!

It was a foreign animated film with a rabbit and a wolf and the wolf was always trying to get the rabbit.

There were scenes of chess playing, the wolf being put through a basket ball hoop and them smoking and blowing out rings that resembled the olympic games rings.

We think it was maybe made around the time of one of the Moscow olympics? So it could have been from around 1980?

Thanks in advance!

I think I may have found it! This was taken from this site; http://www.jhu.edu/~newslett/03-16-00/Focus/4.html

Nu Pogodi was a Tom and Jerry type of cartoon, only instead of a cat named Tom and a mouse named Jerry, Nu Pogodi starred a wolf and a rabbit, known simply as volk and zayets, the Russian words for wolf and rabbit. The wolf looked like a bum. He was unshaven, wore ripped up pants, drank, and chain-smoked. The rabbit had rosy cheeks, a sweet voice, and showed a fluffy white tail through his brightly colored shorts. There was no question about which one was the villain. The pair would end up anywhere from the ice skating rink to a television studio to the Olympic Games and the chase would begin. The title of the cartoon came from what the wolf said to the rabbit at the end of every episode. "Nu Pogodi!" he shouted, meaning something like "Watch Out!" Just like Tom never caught Jerry and Wiley Coyote never caught the Road Runner, the wolf never caught the rabbit, but it was always fun to see how the rabbit would avoid him in the next episode.

Comment

Re: Rabbit and wolf. Foreign film.

im sooooooooo glad i found this thread, i loved that cartoon as a child, i had it on video alsong with a cartoon about a hippo and a crocodial

Comment

YouTube - 13 Nu Pogodi Olympic games 1980 In Russian but there doesn't seem to be much dialogue.

Comment

I still have the VHS with the Olympic games on it I'm a little to old for it now any 1 want to buy them contact me at: mike.chipak@yahoo.com i have two of the best ones name a price

Comment

Working...
          X