x ray specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x ray specs

Does anyone remember x ray specs adverts in magazines? Supposedly you could see through peoples clothes and skin right through to the bones, not sure if they were only sold in the U.S as i seem to remember the price was in dollars.

Re: x ray specs

Quite a few joke shops sold those things advertised in American comics. My brother bought a pair of those x-ray specs in the 70's, I was really disappointed when I realised you couldn't actually see through things with them :cry:

Comment

I remember the Look-In magazine having a free pair of x-ray specs one week. Advert said I'd be able to look through my hand and see the bones. Actually all I could see was some blurred edges of the fingers!

The reason I remember it is because I had PE at school and didn't want to do it but my mum said that we'd go to the news agents after school to get a magazine if I calmed down and did PE. In the end PE wasn't so bad, got the magazine but was very disappointed in the specs ...

Comment

I can remember the X ray specs. I got a pair off of my local market. They were weird, you could supposedly see the bones in your hand if you held your hand up in from of the glasses. But I am more inclined to believe it was to do with the material that you looked through.

This is the type I used to have.
        Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

This is the ad I recall in my monster mags my Dad got me off the local market.
          I did get some eventually and expecting skeletal visions, I was disappointed.
          sigpic
          Don't worry Cheryl....
          I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

Current versions still available - you would think by now someone would have done this product under the trade
            description act....
            sigpic
            Don't worry Cheryl....
            I'll catch you if you slip!

Comment

is it just an internet rumour/urban legend that some of those xray specs advertised in DC comics from the 70`s etc had a piece of fish bone in the lens and that was supposed to trick you into thinking you had xray vision?

Comment

I'm intriqued as to how that would work ?

Comment

The feather would look like the bones in an outstretched hand when seen in close up.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Bone? Feather?
                    Now I'm really confused

Comment

Working...
                    X