shows on in the summer hols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shows on in the summer hols

seeing the thread about bannana splits made me think about the shows on in the hols.ones i watched were...
    belle and sebastian(dubbed show bout a kid and a big white dog)
    robinson crusoe.
    white horses.
    any one remember these shows???

I used to like "Just for the record", an Aussie version of record breakers.

A sick, sick, sick cartoon used to be on as well, Ox tails.
    Last edited by JM28Cardiff; 27-03-2006, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by mrtat2
      seeing the thread about bannana splits made me think about the shows on in the hols.ones i watched were...
      belle and sebastian(dubbed show bout a kid and a big white dog)
      robinson crusoe.
      white horses.
      any one remember these shows???
      Everyone of a certain age remembers White Horses. Loved the opening song but you knew it was the summer hols when the series appeared yet again on TV in the mornings. Yawn....

Comment

I remember White Horses. I have the MP3 of the theme tune somewhere (sung by Jackie Lee).
        Don't remember much about the story though, only that it was in black and white.
        LIFE is a four letter word, but which one...?

Comment

Yes! Belle and Sebastian. I only a remember a tiny bit. Did she carry a small white dog in her pocket??

Comment

I used to love White Horses.

Every saturday used to love Tiswas too - one of my uncles was on it.

Oh and how many times did you try and swap something on Swapshop but couldn;t get through becuase it took ages to dial on your rotary phone and by the time you did diel - the number was busy everytime.

Comment

Saturday Banana was another one - there were live singing performed on outside locations - a mate of mine from school - aged 13 then - had been seen singing "Many rivers to cross" , originally a hit for Jimmy Cliff!

Comment

phillomena,in belle and sebastien the dog was a big pyrenean mountain dog if my memory serves me right.so definately didnt fit it the pocket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yes, I did remember the big white mountain dog too, but I also remember watching an episode where she carried a small white puppy in her pocket. Perhaps it was an episode where she remembers having the dog as a puppy.

Comment

Summer hols programs

Who remembers "why don't you" (awful kids program hosted by 'the kids') or "the flashing blade", used to look forward to that every year
                    David, aged 37 and three quarters

Comment

'Why don't you turn off the TV set and do something more interesting instead?' Hardly a good pitch to make the kids stay watching it!

For me, Summer holidays was always Space 1999, Terrahawks, and terrible, dubbed foreign drama Silas.
                      The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                      Marcel Proust

Comment

'Why don't you turn off the TV set and do something more interesting instead?'

I did turned to itv and watched out of this world, terrahawks, space1999
                        Laugh and the world laughs with you, Sneeze and it's goodbye Seattle.

Comment

All the programmes I remember from school holidays seem to have been on the BBC (Robinson Crusoe, The Monkees, Champion the Wonderhorse). Did ITV do programmes for kids in the holidays?

Comment

Yep I remember the flashing blade and "Why don't you" which annoyed the hell out of me.Is it my imagination or did all the kids have geordie or scottish accents ?

The horses one I can't quite remember , what was that about ?

H

Comment

Oh and what about Mr Ed and big john little john ?

H

Comment

Working...
                              X