Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody remember what these adverts were from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody remember what these adverts were from?

Hi,

I used to watch a lot of TV when I was a kid, but some of the ads were lost on me and I don't remember where they were from. Can anyone help?

1) One about some guy hiding in a house where he gets busted by the police with the slogan "It could be your turn tonight!"

2) A beer advert where the guys at the pub toast each other and the glass goes rubbery and shrivels up.

3) An advert for some pain reliever with a very natty synth pop track with finger clicking

4) An advert featuring either Penelope Keith or Cilla Black for Cadbury's Dairy milk where she goes up to random strangers in the street popping blocks of chocolate into their mouths singing the jingle, one guy has long curly hair and glasses and raises his eyebrows as he eats it (maybe where they got the inspiration for the 'eyebrow dance' later)

5) some kids vandalising a person's house which they break into with the slogan going 'vandals - they're *OUR* children'

Re: Anybody remember what these adverts were from?

Hi there,have a look at this one and it will link to lots of othershttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9lHP...om=PL&index=33
    Frame.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by fatpizzaman View Post
      Hi,

1) One about some guy hiding in a house where he gets busted by the police with the slogan "It could be your turn tonight!"
      Is this the one?
      Its a zip file, so you'll need Winzip to extract it. It plays OK, but its only a small dimensioned video.
      http://rapidshare.com/files/388255480/lad.zip
      Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

I tried to open it but the zip file was empty.

Comment

Hi, what era are we talking here? 70s 80s or 90s? I'm sorry i can't help on any of your questions except that I remember the 'it could be your turn tonight' slogan and I'm wondering if it is a beware of burglars ad, reminding you to lock your doors and windows?
          But what I wondered is - seeing as you said you watched a lot of TV when you were younger - do you remember the beer/lager ad with blokes on camels supposedly in an eastern country, there were several ads all advertising the same brand of beer/lager and all based in an eastern country (dressed as arabs or the like) and the main part I remember is a quick quippy tune with the following words 'mustafa pint, mustafapint, mustafa pint and quick' I started a thread about it a while back now but no one got back to me on it.

Hi,

I used to watch a lot of TV when I was a kid, but some of the ads were lost on me and I don't remember where they were from. Can anyone help?

2) A beer advert where the guys at the pub toast each other and the glass goes rubbery and shrivels up.

3) An advert for some pain reliever with a very natty synth pop track with finger clicking

4) An advert featuring either Penelope Keith or Cilla Black for Cadbury's Dairy milk where she goes up to random strangers in the street popping blocks of chocolate into their mouths singing the jingle, one guy has long curly hair and glasses and raises his eyebrows as he eats it (maybe where they got the inspiration for the 'eyebrow dance' later)

5) some kids vandalising a person's house which they break into with the slogan going 'vandals - they're *OUR* children'

Comment

I tried to open it but the zip file was empty.
            I tried myself and it is indeed empty, god knows what's happened to the file
            Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Re: The song with the Mustafa thing in it. I remember this although I can't say exactly when - probably seventies. It was Dave Clark, famously of the 5 in a beer advert, dressed up as an Egyptian, playing the piano. The only two lines I can remember of this song are "I only know one Waddi, Mustafa, Mustafa, Mustafa pint and quick". All I can remember time wise is that this was years and years after the dissapearance of the Dave Clark 5. It was a real surprise seeing him again. I can't even remember which beer he was advertising. I could be wrong but I don't remember there being anyone else in the advert, it was just Dave clark - no people on camels, possibly you might be mixing up two different adverts because I do remember something about people on camels advertising beer at another time in history.

Comment

1)2)A beer advert where the guys at the pub toast each other and the glass goes rubbery and shrivels up.'
                Yes, I saw this a few nights ago.
                I downloaded a load of commercial breaks from the 70s & 80s and this was one of them.
                I can't remember what beer it was actually advertising at the moment, but i'll watch the clips again & report back here.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                  I can't remember what beer it was actually advertising at the moment, but i'll watch the clips again & report back here.
                  Oh dear,
                  I watched the ad a few nights ago, but the name of the lager has totally slipped my mind.
                  I know which set of adverts it was from, so I will watch it again, then I will DEFINITELY report back here.............

Comment

A beer advert where the guys at the pub toast each other and the glass goes rubbery and shrivels up.
                    OK,
                    The advert in question is for Hemeling lager,
                    I think that the ad is from 1979.
                    The tag line is "There's A Harder Edge To Hemeling".

Comment

Originally posted by DemonEyeX View Post
                      OK,
                      The advert in question is for Hemeling lager,
                      I think that the ad is from 1979.
                      The tag line is "There's A Harder Edge To Hemeling".
                      indeed can be viewed here http://www2.tv-ark.org.uk/adverts/h.html (scroll down a bit)
                      Heather

Comment

Hi,

I think that's a Don't Drink and Drive PIF

It's Cilla Black. I've seen if on YT. Made in 1976 (I think) The man with the eyebrows is Mike Walling

me kids vandalising a person's house which they break into with the slogan going 'vandals - they're *OUR* children'
                        Another PIF from the '70s, which I've seen on YT.

Comment

Working...
                        X