Instruments owned..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instruments owned..

I could fill this section myself, as I've bought and sold more musical instruments than I care to remember :cry:

What do you currently play and what have you had over the years?
    I started on guitar way back in 1977 (wonder what inspired me?), but I hated practicing, and never got anywhere for years. The band I was in split in 1985, so i didn't play for a few years, but started again in 1987, this time on the Bass guitar, now I play a combination of both, although Guitar is my first love.

I want to see pics of you in your various bands, and your gear over the years

Re: Instruments owned..

I may take me a while to locate my pictures as most of my pics are of train and small scale modelling items.Im currently using an Epiphone Thunderbird bass through a Trace Elliot 7215 smc 300 watt bass cab and I have a Yamaha bass hidden somewhere in the house along with a Carlsbro 600 watt keyboard amp which is good for both bass and guitar.Having recently started to use my Epiphone again I quite fancy the idea of an upright bass (double) but dont have a spare £1,000 knocking around.
    Frame.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Cool!
      I had a Carlsbro rig for a while. Stingray head and a huge cab.
      I did toy with the idea of a Thunderbird, as they just look so damn cool.
      I normally stuck to Fender Basses, as my primary influence was JJ Burnel

Did Double Bass lessons at school, and not keen to repeat

Comment

I've had use of a double bass on several occasions but didnt use its full range,fretless sounds so much better but needs a lot of practise and time is something I dont seem to have much of.I do like the the Thunderbird but it fails on two points,cant get a slap out of it and its awkward to put down anywhere because of the shape but still one of my favourite instuments.The Yamaha produced a great punchy sound but lacked the feel of quality if you know what I mean. The Carlsbro has not been used for a number of years,last time I fired it up it got rather warm and started to smell a bit like melted solder so it may be opened up at some point.There is also our old(very old) mixed drum kit which was used for rehearsals,its a bit rusty but still has a good sound to it. I've always liked the sound of the cello when used in the right context,Cult,Damien Rice...sounds great in the right application.I suffered a nasty wrist injury two years ago which made a 40 minute set most uncomfortable (severed tendons and main blood vessel) so I just use the bass for my own pleasure now,jamming along to cd,radio,sky music channels and so on. I enjoy a bit of acoustic playing now when my friend comes down,he was the frontman of a few of the bands I played with.He brings an acoustic bass and his Tak 12 string and we go sit on the quay outside my local just for a bit of fun.
        Frame.

Comment

Apologies for the picture quality but I've just taken it. She lives in the lounge and is always plugged in for when I get the urge to rattle the windows! I have the added bonus that all my neighbours probably live closer to you than me.Its fitted with E B flatwounds because I prefer the sound.
          Frame.
          Last edited by frame; 31-01-2010, 03:27.

Comment

This was the last bass gear I owned

Dean 5 string

Trace Elliot

Comment

My Fender Precision & Tanglewood Precision (defretted)

Comment

My pride and joy, and much missed Washburn Hawk

Comment

Very nice.
                  Frame.

Comment

My very first electric
                    a Arbiter SG copy in cream, which got spraypainted Silver, then Black

Comment

Couple of squier's

Comment

Nasty Marlin Loner (again spraypainted white and neck pickup removed

Last edited by sixtyten; 01-02-2010, 00:10.

Comment

What I currently play

Comment

I like the Gibson.My son plays,not sure what he has at the moment,I think its an Angus type copy.

Comment

Don't really know where to post this, so sticking it on existing thread.
                              I hate linking to sites i'm not sure of, but this guy does not seem to be on YT.
                              He does fretless lessons, and his Mick Karn stuff is pretty much spot on

Links to other tracks on right side

http://www.vidoemo.com/yvideo.php?i=...drum-bass-line

Mick Karn is a unique fretless player, but still not a unique as my Fav fretless player, and no.. its not Jaco..
                              Mine is welsh wizard Percy Jones.. that man does things with Wals, that defy logic
                              Last edited by sixtyten; 02-02-2010, 02:52.

Comment

Working...
                              X