Red or Yellow Jelly Desserts in a tough moulded glass container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red or Yellow Jelly Desserts in a tough moulded glass container

OK Folks, just remembered this - they were available from a fridge and were yellow or red jellys in a small tough glass container with a tin lid with white printing on and black and yellow words! This is a tough one!

The containers could be kept and used again - I suppose they resembled glass ramekin pots and were of heavy moulded glass. possibly 1973. I would LOVE to see them again!

Re: Red or Yellow Jelly Desserts in a tough moulded glass container

Wow!! sounds like the dishes were worth more than the jellies
    Heather

Comment

Not ringing any bells here

Comment

I remember those glass pots. Don't remember the lids.

Comment

Yes the glass pots were really useable afterwards! and they used to turn up at charity shops sometimes.

Glad someone sort of remembers them - I think they had a sort of vertical slot pattern around the glass, and you had to prize the lid off to get to the jelly!

Comment

OK Folks!. found one of these jelly containers in a PDSA shop for 29p last week, when I can sort out a photo I will post ASAP.

Comment

Ooh... Interested in seeing it

Comment

That sounds fantastic.
                i look forward to seeing it.
                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	jelly mould.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	260008 There we go folks! Might make a jelly in it now?

Comment

Shame.. still ringing no bells.
                    Just looks like a mini Jelly mould

Comment

Yes it does look like a mini jelly mould! And the photo does not show the ring of heart shaped indentations in it's base. But it was a useable item when you had eaten the jelly. Can't remember how much they cost, and we need a picture of one in all its glory and a manufacturers name, it had a black and white printed prize off lid.

We need to talk to shop managers who were young in around 1974 who may remember it?

Comment

Might be the memory playing tricks but did they also contain fruit?

Comment

Hello Wheelwatcher, only just found your question, yes, they did indeed contain a small quantity of fruit! Red jelly and cherry/possibly strawberry bits, and the yellow I think was pineapple pieces?
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	YELLOW JELLY.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	260092

Comment

Oh, meant to say "Here's one I made earlier!" I recreated it with lemon jelly and pineapple bits, husband has eaten it!!! Not a bad copy of food from the past! XX

Ring any bells now?

Comment

Working...
                            X