Any Talk Talk fans ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Talk Talk fans ??

Talk Talk are one of my favourite bands who unfortunately havent toured since 86.Anyone fortunate enough to see them live? I think its unlikely they will ever do so again as Mark Hollis has retired from music,Such a shame as the man is a genius !!

Re: Any Talk Talk fans ??

I loved Talk Talk too... I haven't seen them live unfortunately, but though I have said it before... there is a lot of their music on Spotify.

Comment

Talk Talk were amazing! I never got to see them live, but got into them in a big way when I got an I-Pod Touch two years ago. I downloaded a few of their albums and couldn't believe what a fantastic track "The Party's over" is , beats me why they didn't release it as a single back in 1986. I always felt that they were the "also-rans" of 80's pop bands and that unfortunately they never trully got the success they deserved.

Comment

Even though I grew up listening to a lot of music in the 1980s, Talk Talk were a group that somehow managed to pass me by.

I have been trying to make up since, I certainly like their self titled song, It's Your Life & Life's What You Make it.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

The light that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Comment

I loved "It's my Life" by Talk Talk - they always used to play it in the programme No Limits - with Jonathan King - Lisa Maxwell was in it too followed by Jenny Powell - anyone remember?

Comment

Love all the albums, but Spirit Of Eden is just the BEST!

Comment

What do you think of No Doubt's version of "It's my life"?

Comment

....Meh

Comment

Yeah, I love 'em, but I prefer their early stuff from '82-ish. I've got a vinyl copy of their debut album- I like Ice House as well.

Comment

Great band. Never listened to them in the 80s, but really like them now.

Comment

A really underated band. I saw them live supporting Duran Duran in the early 80's, they were very good!.

Comment

Working...
                        X