Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help me with a character from the Pippin comic!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me with a character from the Pippin comic!

I came across the Pippin comic on the web which got me thinking about the characters in it. I remember there being a character that was able to change shape, does anyone know the name of this character?

Re: Help me with a character from the Pippin comic!

Not sure he was in Pippin, but are you thinking of Barbapapa?

Comment

Also dont know if he featured in pippin but the new shmoo changed shape
      Heather

Comment

I used to have Pippin on regular order as a youngster, and can remember the thrill of it arriving through the letter box. I don't recall a shape changing character though and the Pippin page on 'Wiki', which lists all the strips, doesn't mention one. But you have me intrigued. I'll be interested to hear the answer to this.

Comment

I've found out there was also Pippin in playland comics maybe he featured in those?
          Heather

Comment

Hi and thanks for all these-it wasn't Barbapapa-although I loved that programme! I seem to remember this character being black with white spots-and that he 'lived' with a little girl. I'm pretty sure it was in Pippin, but I could be getting my memories confused!

Comment

I think I've got somewhere. I thought the character was called Mooney but when I googled that yesterday I got all sorts of unsavoury results! Then I got 'diverted' in my search which is where 'Pippin' came in. In my tangled memory I convinced myself that the character was from that comic and I must have had the name wrong. Digging around again this morning (this is what you do when you are off sick from work and have the beginnings of 'cabin fever') I came across a comic called Playhour on the 26pigs website and found this reference
              I remember 'Mooney from the Moon'
              Still trying to find out more but does that name now ring any bells with anyone?

Comment

Hooray
                Moony from the Moon

Moony is a small, spotted alien creature from the Moon who slips down a moonbeam lands on Earth and discovers a whole new world of fun. He loves helping out people and animals and has a very special talent – he can change shape into anything he wants to just by thinking about it. A horse, a chair, a boat, a toy, a shell, an elephant… there's no end to Moony's shape-shifting talents.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	mooney.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.0 KB
ID:	259582

Comment

Working...
                X