P'tang, Yang, Kipperbang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P'tang, Yang, Kipperbang

Can anyone out there remember this TV prog from 80's. I seem to remember that there were 2 good looking girls in this show who would say P'tang Yang Kicker Bang. Can't remember why but everybody used to be saying it. It has recently cropped up in conversation at work and is now driving us mad. I seem to think that the show was set in the 40's, maybe wartime

Cheers

Not sure but I think you mean P'Tang Yang Kipperbang, see here
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084459/
    Hope this helps
    John

Comment

Cheers Wingman i will try to find out a little more from that link. It has jogged more memories though

Cheers

Comment

I remember seeing it on Channel 4 when it first aired.
        Mate of mine recorded it when he first got a video recorder, and played it gawd knows how many times.
        I remember the lead character was a Cricket fan, and often associated his thoughts in the theme of a cricket commentator.
        LIFE is a four letter word, but which one...?

Comment

There was also another film with a similar-sounding title ("Twang Bang Kerang" I think...).
          Last edited by poster342002; 15-08-2006, 18:13.

Comment

That was on tv not so long ago. I was going to tape it, as I remembered it from before, but I forgot

Comment

Re ptang yang kipperbang!

The sreis with Ptang yang kipperbang was on channel 4, and was grouped together with some others under the banner of 'First love'. Does anyone remember any of the others I think there were six. The only other one I can remember is East of ipswich. There was another about a 15 year old girl going to work in a hotel in the 60's, where there was awaiter prone to nude sleepwalking (!), the landlay was dead swish, sports car etc. the girl was obviously in awe of her, and the girl ends up getting dead drunk on the final weekend in the bar with the staff. Anyone remember what it was called?

Comment

Yes I remember Ptang Yang Kipperbang. It was fantastic!

The only other one I remember clearly is the one about the girl who was mad about the footballer Danny Blanchflower. But I've forgotten what it was called.

I think I vaguely remember the one you're talking about - is that the one where she and her friend sing "Walking Back to Happiness" in one scene when it comes on the radio? Or have I got it completely muddled? That's the only bit I remember.

Was there one about two best friends - one may have been in the clergy - and they fall in love with the same girl?

I'm getting all confused now. I think I'm getting my programs muddled!

Definitely remember Ptang Yang Kipperbang and the football one though.

Comment

Ptang yang an all that!

Yeah that's the one. The football one sounds familiar too.
                  I love the way the lads are always awkward around the girls, some of the stuff they come out with makes you cring, then worryingly, I look back and I was like that too!! Lucky i get asked out by supermodels all the time now im older, well kinda!

Comment

P'tang Yang Kipperbang and stuff

There was a thread about this a while ago but I can't find it now. Anyway just wanted to remind people that this series is being repeated on Film 4. P'tang Yang Kipperbang was on last week I think (I caught the last half of it).

"Those Glory, Glory Days" is on tonight. I think that's the one about the girl obsessed with football and Danny Blanchflower.

Major dose of nostalgia.

I'll be watching Dawson's Creek. lol

Comment

Re: P'tang Yang Kipperbang and stuff

What theheck is P'tang Yang Kipperbang when its at home??
                      Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

P'tang, Yang, Kipperbang

P'tang, Yang, Kipperbang

Great to see this wonderful gem online

http://cosmobells.blogspot.com/2010/01/ptang-yang-kipperbang.html

My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Re: P'tang Yang Kicker Bang

The mighty CosmoBells has MANY wonders to download, if you know your base from your RAR

Great site, and well worth searching out. Some great hidden gems to be found at CosmoBells

Happy 5000th!

:0

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post

Happy 5000th!

Woot!!!!! Congratulations!! I'm not the only Fanatic on board, yipeeee
                            Heather

Comment

Will take a LONG time for the wannabees to catch us, too..

not that they have the stamina

Comment

Working...
                              X