X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corey Haim

sorry if I've spelt it wrong.
    Just wanted a tribute.
    Not a great actor, but represents a period of my childhood. (Fieldman, Pheonix etc.)
    I remember a friend buying roller-blades after watching Night of the Roller Boys (sad).
    I'll always remember him in Lost Boys in a long bath-robe-type eighties coat. "You're a vampire Micheal; a Goddamn creature of the night!"

Saddly, could never beat his substance addiction.:cry:

Re: Corey Haim

As with all "child" actors it seems that the lure of late nights and drink and drugs are far too appealing (thinking of Drew Barrymore,Corey feldman etc)... Lost boys ranks as one of the best 80s teen movies of all time IMO... Along with the teen comedies he then went onto appear in such as Licence to Drive, dream machine and the very under rated Just One Of the Girls..

After Dream a little dream i lost interest in them both only to see them both at rare occasions in magazines looking the worse for wear...and judging by a few pictures he was looking bad of late.

Most annoying thing for me about his death was that every story used the fact that "posh" spice went out with him for a few weeks before the spice girls...fancy ignoring his film status and using someone elses as a boost to a story.

Always sad to hear of people you grew up with dying...starts to question your own longevity.

Comment

Re: Corey Haim

Agreed.
      He didn't look very recognisable the older and more ravaged he got. The parents get stars (or should that be dollar signs) in their eyes, shirk all responsibility and leave their child stars to indulge their every whim - which usually involves going to adult parties where they are soon introduced to drugs.
      Even sadder though, in the news report it said he had recently been getting parts in big movies (bit parts, but none-the-less) and his career had been starting to pick up again.

(Oh, I meant "Prayer" of the Roller Boys btw)

Comment

Working...
      X