Jap Desserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jap Desserts

Does any one remember Jap Desserts and does anyone know if you can still get them from anywhere?

They were cube shaped (with round corners) brightly coloured, usually green, pink, yellow, white and brown. They were firm fondant on the outside and softer coconut fondant in the middle. They were sold by quarter.
    There used to be odd ones in Dolly Mixtures (Mini sized ones as Dolly Mixtures were tiny) but I've not seen Dolly Mixtures for years either.:cry:

Re: Jap Desserts

Surely someone remembers these goodies. Or am I dreaming????

Comment

I can remeber these very clearly! Not sure if you can still get them. Last place I saw them was in the sweet shop in Beamish Museum but that was a few years ago. I used to really like them.
      Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Hooray! I'm not dreaming. Is that at Chester Le Street? if it is I know where you mean, We took the children there many years ago. If I remember rightly we changed our money for old money and ice creams were something like a penny ha'penny. Bet they don't sell them now! :-)

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
        I can remeber these very clearly! Not sure if you can still get them. Last place I saw them was in the sweet shop in Beamish Museum but that was a few years ago. I used to really like them.

Comment

It is near Chester Le Street yes. Not been in a few years so couldn't say if they sell them still. I used to really like them. They came in dolly mixtures too didn't they? I liked the strange texture of the centers.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Yes they are still made... or they have recently started being made... you can get the here http://www.sweettreatco.co.uk/catalo...?q=jap&x=0&y=0

Comment

A little shop in Barnard Castle, Co Durham that sells retro sweets sells them also. I can't remember the name of the shop now but if(when) I do I'll post it up.
              The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Thats fab, thanks very much to everyone for the recent comments and info. Going to check out the web site now and will keep a beady eye on the thread for when you (Herr Grunwald) have a light bulb moment. Many thanks again. TLC!

Comment

They sell them on Line

I used to love these sweets, cant believe they stopped making them at one point!
                  Last edited by Heather74; 14-08-2010, 19:22. Reason: removed sales link

Comment

Lots available via ebay Low Country
                    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_trkpa...&_sop=15&_sc=1

Comment

Working...
                    X