Sweetheart Desserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetheart Desserts

Another long lost item from the 70's is Sweetheart dessert. I remember it being in a slim can, and advertised by Bob Monkhouse, way back in the early-mid 70's.
    I've searched for years to find out more about it, but drawn a blank on the net, apart from other peoples vague memories of it.

Re: Sweetheart Desserts

What was it Sixty? being in a can I imagine a rice based or custard type of pudding
    Heather

Comment

It was a thick fruit flavoured dessert, same consistancy as custard.
      Hard to describe as many sites say it had to be mixed with milk, but I don't remember doing that

Comment

All good things come to those who wait..
        Finally after years of searching

1975 Sweetheart Dessert

Comment

Blimey, I'd forgotten these. I used to love the orange one.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

brings back memories of cutting my finger open on a badly opend can at the dinner table
            my mum opend the tin left it on the table to go get the milk and a bowl from the kitchen me being a typical 5 year old couldnt wait to taste the stuff ,stuck my finger in the tin it was a strawberry flavour one(remember it like it was yesterday) and then there was claret everywhere as i somehow got my finger sliced through the middle by the can

Comment

I do remember this sweet and creamy concoction from the 70's - did the strawberry one have bits of strawberry skin and seeds floating about in it? If I can recall it correctly it tasted rather gloopy and sweet?

I think tastes have changed somewhat?

Comment

The Mandarine one jolts a memory or two.We were mostly an angel delight household,and mum used to occationally mix bits of fruit in with that.Perhaps she got the idea from this product.Have a funny feeling the raspberry one may of been a desert that I always felt was stomach churning.It's a long time ago now...too many deserts have drifted under too many bridges to remember clearly.

Comment

wow thanks for reminding me of these.
                  1975 eh the year i was born.

yep i sure remember these one of the tastiest things i ever ate.
                  to be honest i loved them all.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

These are before me but look like the sort of thing I would have liked. Wonder if they were a bit like Campbell's condensed soup with a big thick blob out the can that needed to be diluted with milk.
                    1976 Vintage

Comment

It was like a thick, fruity syrup which thickened when mixed with the milk to a wobbly custardy consistency.

My brother and I used to save our pocket money until we could afford a tin of the strawberry one and a bottle of milk and eat it in the shed - can't imagine kids being so deprived that they would need to do that nowadays!

Comment

I remember this vividly as I thought it was one of the most amazing foodstuffs I'd ever eaten (but then I am Birmingham born and bred) and certainly far superior to other dessert options (Angel Delight? No thank you.) Why it was taken off the market I'll never understand if I live to be 37. Perhaps it was the pieces of real fruit that people found disconcerting in the 70s?

Comment

Working...
                        X