Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spooky 70's show with circle on window ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spooky 70's show with circle on window ?

Ok -- nobody remembers this but me.It is around the time of "Children of the stones".Perhaps the same show ? There was one episode where a round circle plastic thing was stuck on a window and it was magic ? Also another episode where a man had some black gloves stuck to him and they were dangerous.

Same show or different show ? Does anyone know any of these episodes and the name of the show ?

H

I recently found out about a show that was called Shadows .
    Perhaps this was it.Or maybe I dreamed it, nobody seems to know !

H

Comment

Does anyone know ?

Comment

ok so it was a dream !!!

Was I the only person watching this show ?

H

Comment

hi, I recently watched 'Children of the Stones.' In one episode, a man had some leather gloves, and he left them behind at the main characters house, and the boy (main character) put them on and couldn't get them off, he then had a premonition of what was happening to the man. That's the only thing I can think of that is similar to what you are wanting to know. I haven' t heard of a programme called 'Shadows' though.

Comment

Hi Harlequin,

Thanx for your reply, yes the leather gloves thing must be the one I was thinking of.Must get my hands on this programme.

Maybe then the circle was in the same programme, however there were probably a few spooky seventies TV shows !

Thanx and GREAT TO MEET YOU

H

Comment

Great to meet you too.
              I rented 'Children of the stones' from Amazon. It wasn't as good as I remembered it, and the wailing soundtrack drove me nuts!
              It was good to watch again, but it won't be one I'll watch over and over.

Comment

I remember 'Shadows' - a children's tea-time 'supernatural' show, and I recall a story about a window - one of those old style 'bubble' windows - that was a ... ahem ... window to the past.
                Glad it wasn't all a figment of my ageing mind !!

I have a foggy memory of another episode of 'Shadows' ( I think ) that was about the armistice, and the last bullet fired during WWI striking a clock at exactly 11 O'Clock on the 11th November ... I think that the bullet killed a soldier, but some kids do something to stop history repeating ... maybe?!

See also my thread begging for help regarding a 70s 'supernatural' show.

TTFN

Mark.

Comment

Re: spooky 70's show with circle on window ?

I recall this one (about the soldier being shot) it was Shadows. I saw this when I was about 7 or 8 so may be wrong about some of the details. But the soldier who was shot was a German soldier who had fallen in love with a French girl and the two of them planned to escape the war and run away together. However the soldier was shot on the very night that they had planned to meet and runaway - the clock stopped to signify that time that he was shot and killed, The story was unfolded and was told by way of some of the personal items which were found in a chest - ie his uniform, helmet and diary etc ... I think that the uniform had a bullet hole in it as a result of him being shot. I only ever saw this episode once so perhaps anyone who saw this an was a bit older at the time may be able to correct me accordingly ...

Comment

Cool, I forgot about this site and all about my question ! Thansk for those replies that I didn't reply to ( if you get my drift .) It musyt have been shadows, the one with the circle on the window. Is this forum still live ?

Comment

Originally posted by hartnell View Post
                      ...Is this forum still live ?
                      Very much so!

Looking back over the thread, I see that when you first posted, two years ago, it took someone over two months to respond to your question. From my recent experience on this forum, I'm happy to tell you that wouldn't happen today. The responses often happen within minutes, if not an hour or two. It's actually a pretty brilliant forum all round IMO.
                      Last edited by Marine Boy; 26-06-2009, 20:18.

Comment

We'll wire you that tenner later MB

But he's right...the forum is in very good shape, with lots of keen posters..thanks to all of you

ps there is now a Wikipedia entry for 'Shadows': Shadows_(TV_series)

episode list & brief decsription of each:
                        shadows_1975

Dave
                        sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Children of the Stones - yep, we had it here in Australia too. Came out in 1977. You can actually watch a few eps on Youtube now The guy that played Blake in Blakes 7 was the kids' father in Children of the Stones.

YouTube - Children of the Stones (1977) - Intro

What used to freak me out was the theme song!! Watch this and tell me it's no spooky

Comment

Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
                            Very much so!

Looking back over the thread, I see that when you first posted, two years ago, it took someone over two months to respond to your question. From my recent experience on this forum, I'm happy to tell you that wouldn't happen today. The responses often happen within minutes, if not an hour or two. It's actually a pretty brilliant forum all round IMO.
                            Cool, it looks like a really good site. Nice to meet you.

Comment

Nice to mee you too

Comment

Working...
                              X