No announcement yet.

I Actually Booked.....................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Actually Booked.....................

.................Edwin Starr. For the Summer Ball at Royal Air Force Newton (near Nottingham). Along with a regular local band and a compere, it was an absolutely fabulous night. Starr insisted on being paid in cash which caused a degree of consternation with the base cashier. He duly met me for his fee, totally nude apart from his 'Y' Fronts, and put the envelope down alongside his two meat 'n' veg!

He was a connsumate professional who was worth much more than the sweaty 2k he was paid which was just as well as I didn't fancy asking for a refund or 'small' change!

Re: I Actually Booked.....................

Two!

Comment

Oops..................just noticed that error. I suppose I was 'bigging' him up in a whole new way.

That's ONE meat and TWO veg!

Comment

Edwin Starr, what a legend!

One word...'War'. 'Nough said.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

He was huge on the Northern Soul club circuit ... gems such as 'Headline News', 'Back Street' and 'Agent 00 Soul'

Comment

I remember on one of the season by season football shows (The Rock & Goal Years or Match of the 1980s) one team managed to book Dexy's Midnight Runners to appear at the social club for just £120.

The deal was done weeks in advance, & by the time they performed they had managed to get to number 1 with Gino, so quite a bargin!
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
            X