No one I've met remembers these...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No one I've met remembers these...

Does anyone remember that cartoon about a little white cat called Philomena? It was narrated by Johnny Ball but I don't think it was originally English. At the beginning there were these huge yellow polystyrene letters that Johnny would come and sit on. Can anyone remember the black cat's name? There don't seem to be any websites about it.

Also Corners (that sort of science show for kids in the 80s), and a bit later now...Katie and Orbie? That was a cartoon in the 90's about a girl called Katie and an alien called Orbie. I don't remember much about it except the theme music, and it used to be on in the middle of the day.

Oh, and Ramona. That was an American show (not a cartoon) about a little girl called Ramona and her older sister and mum and dad. I remember at the beginning or end there was a clip of Ramona in a yellow anorak dancing in the rain. I'd like a yellow anorak.

Comment

I vaguely remember Philomena, but you're right, there doesn't seem to be much about it anywhere on the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Philomena
        Oh, and Ramona. That was an American show (not a cartoon) about a little girl called Ramona and her older sister and mum and dad. I remember at the beginning or end there was a clip of Ramona in a yellow anorak dancing in the rain. I'd like a yellow anorak.
        I remember reading the 'Ramona' books as a kid ('Ramona the Pest') is it likely to be a tv version of the books? Never seen it but I'd like to - I enjoyed the books a lot!

Comment

i used to love ramona i think it was her uncle he always used to sing that song to her and it really annoyed her and also rememeber an episode when she got blue face and hands good program
          boo boo de boop

Comment

The black cat in Philomena was called Bonniface! Still no pictures anywhere to be seen though...

Yes, I think Ramona was available as books - I remember seeing one in our local library.

Comment

I remember 'Katie and Orbie'. They are mentioned on Wikipedia!!

Comment

Kate and Orbie, if memory serves, was narrated by Leslie Nielson (from Police Squad and Naked Gun films) and the animation was terrible; little more than static pictures.
                The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes.
                Marcel Proust

Comment

Working...
                X